What can you do with lyapuno and mandelbrot procedural nodes?.

Completely agree with Secrop here, although I’d also like a roughness input to the fresnel as well as the ignore backface switch.
I’d much rather have a random scratches generator than Lyapunov and Mandelbrot (guessing it has a switch for Julia). I know we can build scratches manually, but it takes a lot of generators making it useless for rendertime use. And for offline texture generation there are probably better tools (but I don’t have access to these).

Wait, Lyapuno noise? What’s that? Thought you were talking about the generation of Lyapunov space. Couldn’t find any info about it as a noise type, but the typical Lyapunov fractal images I can’t really see a use for.

I’d much rather see improvements to existing generators:

• Voronoi already covered.
  • Noise (and voronoi) with 4D input (evolve without movement in 3 first dimensions) and seamless toggle (repeats seamlessly at UV value 1).
  • Preview switch and rescaling built into the Musgrave texture. With preview on you get black < 0, white > 1, and middle grey for all values in between. Makes it easy to identify if current output is actually within visual range.
  • Remapping of texture space node, so that i.e. spherical, cylindrical, disc, pyramidial mappings are available also to generators (some exist now, but only to images).
  • Sky texture with switch to add sun and switch to make it real values. Basically makes it a physical sky&sun system, even if we have to stop down exposure significantly - currently we have no reference lighting in Cycles - film exposure 1 means nothing.
  • Nodes that does some float operations based on number inputs. We don’t have fLerp with numbers, instead we have to use a Color Mix with two number nodes attached cluttering things. We don’t have atan2, instead we have to use Gradient Texture/Radial which is not obvious if you’re trying to recreate math. We don’t have fStepFunctions, instead we have ColorRamp which cannot be numerically controlled.
  • Brick and Checker could really use some love with some gradient outputs, shift/offset controls, and random color outputs.