What do I need ?

Hello, I just downloaded Blender because I needed to start learning about 3d and 2d animation, so just to start I wanted to ask you guys if you prefer any programs, and any kind of help that can get me to start drawing stuff on the computer like this.

[http://blender.org/cms/typo3temp/pics/3938ce186d.jpg](javascript:close():wink:

Thanks.

Is Inkscape good.

no it sucks, what the hell did you want us to say?

try out your self! and it sure aint bad.

Inkscape has come a long way. It’s still got some problems, as evidenced by the fact it isn’t at v1.0 yet. I feel it’s in than some of the others I’ve tried like sodipodi, etc.

It is cross-platform, free, and if you’ve never used a vector art program, the techniques you learn will apply to any other vector program, which is a very good skill.

If you are using Illustrator or something like that at school, there are some differences that may be a bit frustrating, but it is free after all.

Every so often, different versions of Canvas have appeared on some of the FuturePublication magazine+disc combos (Digit, PCPlus, etc). The latest I have is version 8, and I like it a bit better than Inkscape, though still crash-prone. If Inkscape had been at its current level before I got Canvas, I might not have bothered learning Canvas though.