What do you do while rendering?

Hey i was just wondering… what do u guys do while you’re rendering? I don’t mean a 30 second render or a 5 hour render, but the average render (5-15 min.). Here’s what i do:

Push-ups/sit-ups
practice my karate
go get a snack
talk to people on AIM

Please share! :smiley:

Me to… in my head anyways. :smiley:

Usually just sit there and watch the console. I’m easily entertained.

Well, I either:

a.) Play FreeCell

b.) Workout with one of those rubberband/jump-rope things

c.) Play guitar

d.) Scan elysiun for funny posts by Wu :wink:

Play guitar
Go on Elysiun
Go on MSN
Stare at screen wishing I had a faster computer / a life

Read books
Excersize
Snack

Wait for it to be done.

lol. thanx for the quick replies. :smiley:

oh yah… i forgot… who doesn’t love staring at the screen…

You mean you people only have 1 blender running!!!

I have 2 open at all times. 1 rendering test scenes for The Crosswalk and 1 doing low poly modeling for a friends project.

Who has time to do push-ups! 2 x the blender means 2 x the fun.

Work
Eat Blue Potato Chips, made from Blue Potatos from South America.
Listen to Radiou.com
Browse Elysiun.

I usually wouldn’t do that if most of my RAM is taken up by something rendering. Once I had a render that took up 500 megs of my 512 megabytes of RAM.

Me three! I even do that while I eat, sleep, etc…

I spark up a fat ass joint :wink:

Used to, can’t blend when high :-?

Ya, those always seem to make my renders look all weird–it almost seems like blender knows you’re high! :wink:

I usually sleep while I’m doing renders, or go to school, since the only renders I usually have to wait for are final renders, which take around 20 hours.

I lean over and play a jingle on my keyboard…

Hmm, if this happenned, and your computer case got a nice coating of THC, would that affect your render quality? Does a hallucinogen affect digital circuits?

thanx for all the replies. [noob-question] When rendering with Blender internal renderer, i always find that the rendering stops when you have the render window minimized. Is there a setting i can change, or am i just being unobservant as usual :expressionless: ? [/noob-question].

Enriq766

You mean you people only have 1 blender running!!!

I have 2 open at all times. 1 rendering test scenes for The Crosswalk and 1 doing low poly modeling for a friends project.

That’s a good idea. Would really speed up the time for finishing projects. Thanx!

~Emfrobia

BTW, i can minimize the render window when Yafray is rendering. ??

leave. it takes that long on this dino. %|

@theguytwospacepostfromme:
Maybe.

I listen to my music that I got on www.ocremix.org. I use Winamp, so it doesn’t slow down my render nor does it skip. It’s pretty cool. I also dance in my set and walk around the house about 15,000,000 times a day, so I’m pretty fit.

ummm… are you serious…?

Watch TV, Play Videogames, Sit back and listen intently to rock among others. Mostly just scan the forums like now.