What do you understand trough configurable workflow ?

Hi. Blender 2.8 will have configurable workflow, but what this actually means ? I imagine that you could edit the entire UI without touching a single line of code. Could configurable workflow let you build an UI similar to the one in Maya ?

It could mean that you could edit the entire UI without touching a single line of code. :wink:

Instead of having an UI customization process that requires to define what to remove; it could asked for what to keep.

It’s marketingspeak. It doesn’t mean anything. Your workflow is about what you do, not about your software.

It could mean everything and nothing. By itself and without further details - it’s too vague to mean anything specifically.

IIRC, Campbell mention somewhere that this is not about easy drag n drop customizability, but for someone with technical knowledge to be able to configure the UI, meaning scripting. Basically, like the current situation, just more configuration possibilities, I suppose.

I also recall the same thing. I think he mentioned it in either the 2.8 thread or the 2.7 development thread.

A bit like the new realtime shading pipeline, maybe - presets for calling other presets : interface layouts, key bindings, shaders… profiles, basically. That’s how I understand it.