What does mean this console message?

I have blend with my rig. Everything is working good but in console i get spam “POLL” message, what does this mean? Is it error? And how do I fix it? Googling gave me no results on this matter. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I am using 2.79b. Thank you in advance.

I’ve had similar issues with some Blend files, not “poll”, but a constantly repeating message, I’ve always attributed it to some action or script wanting to check something and failing, so constantly respawns. There is a “poll” function in Python from what I can gather from a google search, dunno if this helps:
https://docs.blender.org/api/blender_python_api_2_77_0/info_gotcha.html

1 Like

That message is most likely coming from one of your addons. You have at least Rigify and “simple renaming panel” loaded apparently. Try disabling those 2, and any others, until you find the point where the spam stops. Once you find it, notify the author of the addon so they can not be lame…

1 Like

Ok i will try to open my blend on pure blender without addons.

You were right. When launching on addonless blender I have no this message in console. So it means one of my addons somehow broken. I am gonna find what addon is spamming this POLL thing and will report this issue to developer. Thanks for help!

Cool, glad we were able to help point you in the right direction. :slight_smile:

Simply use grep in your addons folder, and search for "POLL". It’s perhaps some debugging print that was forgotten to be cleaned.
I think you’ll find it very quicly as is not common to use “POLL” in uppercase.

1 Like

Thank you guys! This POLL thingy was from Simplify Multiply F-Curves addon, I’ve found it by disabling addons one by one untill this spam in console stoped, then I’ve found .py file of this addon and searched for POLL. And there it is:

@classmethod
    def poll(cls, context):
        print("POLL")
        return poll_for_fcurves(context)

So should I report this to author or this behavoir is meant to be in the place? Thank you for helping, once again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Comment out that line.

1 Like

Yep, looks like a debug print put in but missed when taking them out before release, as AFWS says, just comment it out with a # thus;
#print(“POLL”)

1 Like