Edit: I included a toon shader file with only 2 characters, because so far it looks tougher than expected to reach the fps I’d like (24 fps).
Seeing how I don’t absolutely need a new PC right now…
Maybe I should wait for AM5-socket mobo’s or something?
Anyone with a super duper CPU and GPU, feel free to reply here.
Hi. I might get a new PC or Laptop. I know general guidelines for PC specs for Blender,
but I don’t know how powerful my PC should be for what I want to use Blender for
(or, if what I’m asking for is too much and if I should re-think my workflow).
So I’m wondering if (more) people can download the attached files and see:
- Is it easy to pose the bones? Or does it lag way too much?*
- What FPS you get when playing animation in the viewports?
Please let me know:
- your CPU and GPU model names so I can look up their benchmark scores.
- if your monitor(s) is 1080p, 1440p, 4K, or 8K (since higher K requires better GPU).
- OS and RAM amount, too.
- What version of blender you’re using (preferably 2.79, but I’ll take any version).
- Optional: FPS after Simplify is lowered by one level.
Edit: I added a new file (the 2nd one) because, so far, no one’s PC can reach 24 fps with 4 characters with the toon shader.
! A TestPCspecs SOLID VIEW(v3) 2 CHARACTERS.blend (1.8 MB)
! A TestPCspecs TOON SHADER(v3)Blender2.79, 4CHARACTERS.blend (2.6 MB)
Optional: ! A TestPCspecs Toon Shader 2-CHAR ONLY (v3)Blender2.79.blend (1.8 MB)
Here’s official download links for Blender 2.79b for your convenience:
(if it’s Mac, whatever it says in About this Mac is fine).
(You don’t have to change the file’s FPS.)
(If it lags when posing bones, try User Preferences > System Tab: Selection middle of window) : pick OpenGL Occlusion Queries (in Blender 2.79). Does it still lag?)
The toon shader works in Blender 2.79, but not in 2.8+
I can’t get BEER/MALT toon renderer to work in Blender 2.8+.
Also, FPS in Blender 2.8+ is slower than in 2.79 overall afaik.