What happening here? Really every bone has an own life / 2.8 beta

Hi there,
I’m super new in Blender, actually a started 3 days ago. I only rigged 2D before.
Now, I followed this tutorial and I don’t know why, but the things not working the same like that guys. This is my problem: https://youtu.be/q8qZJUZxsZo

I mirrored the left and the right side but everything is different. The IK’s don’t working well, sometimes mess the whole skeleton.

Thank you very much

Well, it looks like your naming may be off. Blender relies on a bones being named name.L and name.R. This is how it figures out what properties to copy over to the other side. If done properly, you can actually turn on symmetry, paint weights for say, the UpperArm.L and it will automatically copy those weights to UpperArm.R. There’s also some options in the menus for correcting left/right issues when you mirror.

I see, thank you very much.

I finally started again. But maybe one of the problem was I still used the mirror mode on de model during the rigging. I don’t know. :frowning:

Yeah, it’s just good modeling practice to apply your modifiers (the ones used for building) before you start skinning. You can have modifiers before the skin but in general it’s just more efficient to apply them. Every time you manipulate your character, it has to recalculate the mesh. The more modifiers you have, the more time it takes to recalculate.

Thank you this advice :slight_smile:

Hello, I have a new problem.
If I would like to symmetrise the left side to the right, the weight data is mirrored to and my model is deformed. How can I solve this?