What is maximal rendering resolution ?

(tomaswoj) #1

i 'm preparing some print materials, and need a resolution approx 3500 x 3500 pixels

unfortunately my linux blender 2.20, 2.22 and 2.23 after choosing so high res [and even when choosing approx 2000x2000 pixels] throw some segmentation faults.

i do have enough hdd space [ i check while rendering , and it’s about 200mb’s and not dropping ], blender doesn’t take whole system memory, and so on…
so where is the problem then ?

please help
thanks in advance

(Jamesk) #2

If it doesn’t work (the theoretical maximum is 10.000 x 10.000 if I remember correctly) you could try rendering in the background. That is, start blender from a system prompt and use the -b switch (type blender -h to view all options). In my experience, background rendering is a whole lot more stable, at least on my W2K-box.

(tomaswoj) #3

jizzz,
that’s why i love blender community
you have the answer in max. 1hour :slight_smile:

thanks man, it works

(funkychild) #4

Also, another way to keep it a bit more manageable and keep the ram usage down, you can split apart the render into Xparts and Yparts. This renders the scene, part by part, (to reduce the ram usage) then stitches it all together again in the end. I have had some problems with using this when rendering with a non-standard camera ‘lens’, but usually, it’s quite alright.

(SKPjason) #5

BTW - correct me if I’m wrong… but just for general info - I believe the maximum render resolution of Blender is 4000x4000 pixels… Obviously there are ways to make bigger… by “stitching” continuous pics in an outside graphics program…

Jason

(funkychild) #6

On 2002-03-23 18:17, SKPjason wrote:
BTW - correct me if I’m wrong… but just for general info - I believe the maximum render resolution of Blender is 4000x4000 pixels… Obviously there are ways to make bigger… by “stitching” continuous pics in an outside graphics program…

Jason

It used to be 4096x4096 but that was changed to 10k x 10k in the 2.23 release

–Assumption is the mother of all fuckups

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: funkychild on 2002-03-23 18:44 ]</font>