What is the Best External Renderer for Blender?

The internal renderer is ok, but it isn’t the best when it comes to long animations. any suggestions for the best external renderer?

Impossible to answer that question. Look around, use the search engine, this is one of the most popular questions here.

The standard answer: all of the external engines have their strong and their weak points. It is quite sure, that there isn’t a BEST engine but a BEST engine for YOUR needs. Therefore you might need to state more about what you’re planning to do, do some research on the features of the external engines and do some experimentation yourself to find out.
There’s no easy answer, sorry.

Just a quick one: if you’re going for animations, Indigo and Luxrender, incredibly popular, are most likely not a wise choice. To keep things tied to Blender, Yafaray might be worth a try, as is Kerkythea, but the latter uses its own set up studio software.

for single frame renders, i use luxrender. for animations, i use the internal renderer. it isnt the prettiest but, being part of blender itself, you can do just about anything with it.

That’s about how I work, Gunslinger. Blender Internal is probably your best bet for animations, Robotom.

Cheers and God bless.

Thanks you very much. I’ll start on that right away :smiley:

• Robotom