What is the best way to go about modeling a dog paw?

I am trying to model a paw for a dog in blender. I don’t know whether I should try to sculpt it with the base I already have?

Or if I should try modeling a better base shape, like a box with for extruded toes as a start.

If someone could show how they would go about making a paw I would love to hear it.

(.blend below)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7tgRBaL23MpMTVlSGMzRkNLNnc

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Sorry that i have nothing to show but i will sculpting with multires modifier. Get a ref image dog anatomy and start to follow bones and muscles until happy, if not happy restart from scratch by deleting multires. modifier. About multires modifier you should know that Blender multires. doesn’t behave like other multires you don’t want to sculpt in higher res and then back to lower res. and sculpt there you will get some artifacts. So put as many details as possible in the lower res. then subdivide.
If you have more question don’t be shy :wink:

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply, I will try the multires modifier and hopefully i can get something to look good. I understand it’s more based on artistic ability so hopefully this will help improve my skills. :slight_smile: