What is the best way to model a beveled cube mesh consisting of uniform-sized hexagon

What is the best way to model a beveled cube mesh consisting of uniform-sized hexagons? The size of hexagons needs to be about 1/20 of the edges of the cube. I tried to wrap a flat hexagon-ed mesh around a cube, but the size of hexagons become messed-up.
Thanks in advance.:spin:

hmmm. Try texturing your beveled cube with a hexagon pattern, then adjust the pattern in the UV editor until it wraps around the cube the way you want it to. Then wrap your flat hexagon-ed mesh around the cube and adjust the vertices to match the texturing.

i think you may lose the uniformity on the bevel anyway, how much you lose will obviously depend on how the cube is bevelled too

there’s a script for this: search for 'Dual-mesh in Blender.
Edit:script broken, process still works as described here

Many thanks! That’s a good idea, but it becomes a huge work when many many hexagons are needed.

Thank you and Tried that. But I got two problems: 1. when I triangulate it, the orientations of triangles are messed up at some locations; 2. the hexagons are all stretched because they are not started from equilateral triangles.

ok try this, crate your hexagon mesh, then use it as a knife object to project onto your cube. you may need to add some loopcuts for the knife to project onto