What is the easiest way to model this?

Hi, I’m modeling a building and I need to make this

Now I’m wondering what’s the easiest way to make this? Do I need to trace every line by hand or there are some techniques which will make it easier?

There are several things to notice.

• looks like there are foreground and background items (long vertical lines on left and the 4 sets of horizontal lines whcih look odd)
  • large degree of duplication (pentagon containing star, octagon containing S)

The best thing to do is break it down into parts, and build it up from there.

BiggR:

Yes, it looks like there are few parts, but I’m asked to model it as one part for this building.

It’s good idea to break it into parts and then add everything up.

Thank you for answering :slight_smile:

Zenitor:

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for. It’s going to save so much time :smiley:

Even though it seems that you have everything under-control I’ve still decided to jump in and help you. I’ve built this for you: .blend
The reason would be cause it’s much easier to deal with polygons in this case then with curves, it’s less stressful on equipment and it’s much nicer looking at least in my opinion.

I’m willing to show in this thread how it was made. Just say so and I’ll do it.

Edit: I’ve noticed just now that one side appears to be mirrored and that I didn’t removed the pentagons inside the starts. Nevertheless I"m sure you’ll know how to fix that. I was in a hurry with this and as always I’ve made a couple of completely fixable mistakes fortunately for you.

Zenitor - Thank you for that tutorial. I’ll be sure to get a copy of InkScape.

MediumSolid - Amazing! I’m saying so, so please do it!

Thanks!

MediumSolid:

Thank you for the model and the video. You really helped :smiley: .

Yes this way we get better geometry than with the method posted by Zenitor. Also the image I got is not really nice, as you said there are lines in the background and it’s a little bit messy when converted from the image.

Thank you one more time for taking your time and doing all of this :slight_smile:

No problem, man.