What is the point of having an off-topic section if off-topic discussions are closed by mods?

@Fweeb
Firstly, appreciate your input imo shedding further light on the decision too lock that OT discussion.

For the sake of clarity I chimed in rather late, appending a comment subjectively thought relevant to the topic. Perhaps with hindsight included overtones of bias against those elected entities especially in my region both on a State and Federal level which collectively had mismanaged a raft of national disasters sequentially afflicted my country since June 2019 :

• Mega Bush Fires

• COVID

• Hotel Quarantine

• Mega Floods

• …and now currently a pretty much botched nation wide vaccine rollout that may not be complete until early 1st quarter 2022?!

If not for the strict, well practically damn near heroic adherence to public health guidance by the Australian populace at large, I really dread to think where we would be otherwise as consequently illustrated elsewhere.

Anyway, a mostly thankless task “damned if you do / damned if you don’t” voluntary role moderating such huge divers active community as this site has morphed into so my apologies if contributed to shutting down the aforementioned thread.

3 Likes