What is there specialize in in blender?

I KNOW its been asked many times, I made this account specially to ask this and maybe get some tips and tricks on some blender stuff.
I have an office pc pretty much, i3 9th gen, amd rx580 hdd and ssd and some cheap motherboard, and I see that one 2k rez frame takes 17 minutes to render in cycles so its painflully clear to me that I should pick one thing to focus on in blender and do that and less rendering because I am crippled in that regard.
I should have put this in the beginning, I am a beginner, fresh barely 1 month into it maybe a little more. I want to do it as a hobby and get good enough to be on the same level as a professional. I scoured the internet about what to model and how to get good at it, and now I’m doing glass stuff, bottles glasses etc next I plan something a little more detailed like binoculars, then a bicycle etc etc.
The question is basically can I make money just by modelling ? Is modelling enough or should I add something to my skillset.

Modeling is a great place to start.

Don’t worry about making money, just do it.

2 Likes

Modeling is where it all starts, but if your main reason to do this is ‘making money’, then you won’t last. 3D pro-level requires immense passion and dedication, bordering on the obsessive.

1 Like

Wow thanks :grinning:after some time I wasn’t expecting replies. I am pretty focused, not exactly obsessed,but like everyone noob I tried to make something too complex an screwed it up. Now im taking it down a notch and made a few glasses,and I’m trying to model everything in my room and make a scene sometime in the future.
I like that now I know ho to fix wrong turns like applying modifiers too early or too late, or bad topology, and I feel like I’m learning more each time I repeat some technique. It’s fun. I hope I don’t lose interest

1 Like