what is windows vista?

hey,

ive recently heard of vista, and have no clue what it is? can someone fill me in?

thanks

Windows Vista? Hmm…I don’t know…

yeah, i checked there.

ive only heard of windows xp at this point in time.

what sort of operating system is it?

Vista is the successor to Windows XP. Yet Another Windows OS.

is that it?

is it professional os, is it a gaming os?

and if its the successor, doesnt that mean that xp will get less support over the years?

Pretty much, yeah.

Both, maybe? Won’t know how well it does in both areas until it’s released.

Exactly. XP support will begin to fade after Service Pack 3 and Vista are released.

go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_vista

to see a pic of it.

sorry now it says it doesnt have that article. luckly I saved the image but I dont know how post it, fill like an Idiot for not figuring it out,

Stop supports, ah damn I got this sp2 half a year ago, 80 bucks what a rip off.

You paid for SP2? Please tell me you’re joking.

dude, service pack 2 is free

… it’s something to stay away from. :wink: . Seriously.

It’s something I’m not switching to until XP is completely dead, which I hope will be a while.

Mystery

We had it floating around at work (no longer there). Not one person was interested in installing it.
Not my cup of tea.

Chimp

Well, XP is probably as far as I’ll go when it comes to Windows, anyway…

He likely got Windows XP with SP2 already slipstreamed by MS.

Add an S to the end of “Window” to make:

About Vista,
Looks like XP with some cheesy glassy effects that is sure to take up 10x the resources. Pass.

Add an S to the end of “Window” to make:

About Vista,
Looks like XP with some cheesy glassy effects that is sure to take up 10x the resources. Pass.[/quote]

I DON’T doubt that’s not all.

You’re right. How could I forget the host of new bugs and compatibility problems.

That will all be solved with about 6 or 7 service packs. Don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue:

So wait… you doubt that’s not all… so you think that’s all? or do you not think that’s all, but said it goofy-like?