What makes a champion blender artist?

dreamers talk

skilled people produce work

but dreams are such a great source of inspiration?

i think a good artist (no matter what field they come from), will be able to visualise an idea or concept and portray it in such a way that the audience would understand.
as for digital work in particular, it requires alot of patience and self discipline to work towards a level you believe to be acceptable.

What sort of person would you say a genius 3d artist would be?

Someone who is an artist and does not stay in one only application. 3d apps aren’t religions.
A good artist follows his own order and never obeys to rules of others. When in his studio I mean. The worse enemies are “money” “profession”… Out of his studio, he has to be a fighter.

Thanks for supporting arexma and sorry for my english. I’m too old for brushing up this language. I meant that against chaos in a community only democracy exists, order is something deeper, its personal.

@cekuhnen, great artists were dreamers first of all.
Skills? an artist without many skills (they called him untalented) changed the art of painting, started the 20th century art and his name is Cezanne. So he had some skills, he created great paintings but his contemporary artists didn’t notice it. Just a few.

Bacon_chaney

Maybe this fits better:

Work produces work - talking about it does not.

I read a lot of theoretical opinions which with respect are rather shortsighted.

The term artists is also heavily overused because technical skill is not equal artistic vocabulary.

In 3D there are many areas you can explore and produce work, aren’t all options valid even when
one makes great renderings but is not a good animator, or a person being gifted at modeling, but
not at lighting and then call yourself a good designer, who knows about applied arts ?!

The beauty though is, that the talk of dreamers often inspires skilled people to produce their work. :wink:

I think I get it now… :wink: you´r talking about peace of mind? A soul like a calm sea…
And one is never too old to learn something new. With age you just loose momentum, that´s all.

The beauty though is, that the work of skilled people often inspires dreamers to talk. :wink: More so then the other way around.

Or, the work of skilled people often inspires the unskilled to upskill.

I speak from current and ongoing experience.

Interesting,

most designers and artists I know actually use observation and research material and the process of exploration / experimentation to produce work :slight_smile:

but they couldn’t do what they do if they wouldn’t love :slight_smile:
easy how you get to the bottom of things…

I am not sure if I get your point.

The artist is the one that have a dream/inspiration/vision/etc… and work to build his dream/inspiration/vision/etc… as a piece of art, whatever format this piece of art will be (music/sculpture/painting/etc…)

The “champion artist” is the last man standing when you put several artists on a ring for a deathmatch :smiley:

Have you seen the so and so film “riddick”? Noticed the good work on the background? These artists were’t the champions for that deathmatch. I can imagine that they worked without knowing much of the script. If you have such experience you already know what I’m talking about. Producers and directors don’t seem inspired from this excellent work. Things became complicated in our days.
Its the vision that matters, talent and skills are always welcome. We must be brave in art. We have to.
An artist materializes his feelings, thoughts, dreams or visions. Even a blender artist LOL.

Hi,

Sorry for not adding anythin valuable to this thread, but you might be interested in this project we have going on now

VIDEO DIRECTORS

This project is open to all artists, photographers, video producers, creatives,
Filmmakers, animator and games developers

3rd world records IS a hip hop outfit embarking on a journey of discovery…
AND WE WANT YOU TO JOIN US!

International Music Video Project:
Help us to make a kick ass music video using animation, photography, video or images. We love creativity, experimentation and cool videos. We’re starting our artistic journey. Come with us!

COMPETITION: Download the track at this address: get @ me and i’ll give you a link

• Make your video using your own images, video or animation.

• Work With the Band

• Get in touch with us and pitch your idea. We’ll come to your place of work, studio or college and shoot the video with you!

The winner of this competition will have see their video released as our official music video when we release our track. As well as the exposure, we’re hoping to bring the winner along with us on our journey to International Stardom and ARTISTIC EXPRESSION!

VIDEO SUBMISSION: Submit your video to us before May 7th, 2011.

Contact us: via inbox mail

Hi,

Sorry for not adding anythin valuable to this thread, but you might be interested in this project we have going on now

VIDEO DIRECTORS

This project is open to all artists, photographers, video producers, creatives,
Filmmakers, animator and games developers

3rd world records IS a hip hop outfit embarking on a journey of discovery…
AND WE WANT YOU TO JOIN US!

International Music Video Project:
Help us to make a kick ass music video using animation, photography, video or images. We love creativity, experimentation and cool videos. We’re starting our artistic journey. Come with us!

COMPETITION: Download the track at this address: get @ me and i’ll give you a link

• Make your video using your own images, video or animation.

• Work With the Band

• Get in touch with us and pitch your idea. We’ll come to your place of work, studio or college and shoot the video with you!

The winner of this competition will have see their video released as our official music video when we release our track. As well as the exposure, we’re hoping to bring the winner along with us on our journey to International Stardom and ARTISTIC EXPRESSION!

VIDEO SUBMISSION: Submit your video to us before May 7th, 2011.

Contact us: via inbox mail[ATTACH=CONFIG]137126[/ATTACH]

i think thats true :stuck_out_tongue: unless you actually work then you wont produce anything lol. People can define anything as art.
i would have to agree that the term artist is very loose term now a days in that anyone can call themselves an artist but it doesnt mean that they are skilled at anything. I think its probably more accurate to say they are aspiring artists.

its one of those debates that can go on till the end of time.

I think its probably more accurate to say they are aspiring artists.

fair enough for me. +1

To get your answer, I think you’d have to first identify who the champion artists are. Or at least who you think they are. Then ask them directly about the process, or at least find interviews, blogs anything where they talk about the process.

You could also simply research any artist you think highly of, is a master etc. and then research those artists.

I am not a champion Blender artist, (or champion anything 3D really) so I would not care to comment on Blender or any other program.

But for what it is worth. In other areas I have more or less mastered:

Hard work and dedication.
Study of the basic fundamentals
Practice to the point where the techniques are second nature
Take it to the next level which is getting out a message, vision etc.
Finally as a daily working process - using research, reference materials etc.

Because this worked for me in the past this is the same process I am using with learning 3D.

The greek word ‘techni’ became ‘art’. the greek ‘techniki’ became… technic .
De Chirico in his excellent book (he had greek education as well) claims that its the same word, same meaning actually. Maybe he’s right after all.
Its the ancient debate.
As RC mentioned

Practice to the point where the techniques are second nature
Take it to the next level which is getting out a message, vision etc

Practice is essential…

The more you practice the less you have to worry about simple techniques like modelling and you are more free to think purely on what you want to create rather than how you are going to creat it, allowing for a more freeflow creative experience which shows in your work :stuck_out_tongue: