What next?

I’ve been using blender on and off for a few months now, mostly just random tutorials and whatever feature catches my attention. While fluid simulation and playing with materials are great fun and all, I now want to just focus on getting serious with my modeling. At this point I’m very comfortable with the interface and making simple models and scenes, but I’d like to know what I should do next.

I’m willing to put some time into it. So where is a good place to start?

id say, start modeling something a bit more advanced, and post a WIP thread in the wip section, its a great way to learn! :slight_smile:

So just give it a go and get some advice where I make stupid mistakes from people who are smarter than me.

Sounds simple enough that it just might work…

I’ll give it a go! Maybe I’ll try some sort of vehicle. Just try to bear with me in my newb-ish state.

a vehicle sounds good to me… :slight_smile:

Not a bad idea. And that, in turn, will demand some texturing efforts as well. If you fell comfortable with modeling, then detailed texturing could be your next subject.

Come and join in our project - we’ll get you to make something! PM me & I send you a link!

You could always try the weekday or weekend competions on here.