What now for 2.35?

Never to early to start a list, right? :smiley:

• Bloom effect for Blender Internal render

• DOF for Blender internal render (No, the script isn’t enough, it should be IN blender)

• Refraction for Blender internal render

a) there is already a thread about this.
b) it’s 2.35 not 2.25.
c) amazing as it will sound even in the second thread that I mentioned they got the next version wrong.

:smiley:

2.35 would still be only a week or so in developement, they could change
EDIT: WHOOPIE!!! MONKEY MONKEY MONKEY

Does this mean you can maybe drop 32 posts a day now? Please?

And WTF, it’s not going to be a week in development. Bug-fix releases are given a letter designation after the original number release (like 2.34a).

Does this mean you can maybe drop 32 posts a day now? Please?

And WTF, it’s not going to be a week in development. Bug-fix releases are given a letter designation after the original number release (like 2.34a).[/quote]
I said IN developement for about a week as of now at the most, not “it’s going to be released in a week”

uh, we have this, it’s basic raytracing, reflection and refraction…

you could at least check you topic title.

The glow sequence effect was integrated in the last release. Just add your Scene as a sequence strip in the sequence editor, then Add->Effect->Glow. Turn on ‘Do Sequence’ in render buttons, render, and there you go.

Bug-fix releases are given a letter designation after the original number release (like 2.34a).

We decided last week there will be no 2.34a release since there were no known show-stopper bugs. Regular development and bugfixing will continue as usual in CVS towards 2.35.

[edit]

:o

Somehow I missed that… Are there more good surprises in the Sequence Editor? I’ll have to wait this evening before accessing Blender again and trying the Glow sequence… [!] I’m surprised this one is not documented (I saw nothing in the release log apart from new wipe effects, IIRC).

blender has bloom???

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Thumbs up for undocumented features!

and where is the other 2.35 wish list thread? I hunted for one but didnt see it

Yeah you’re right, it’s not in the release notes. Weird. If I get a minute, I’ll add someting about Glow in them (better late than never…)

Yesterday in IRC, K-Rich and I were experimenting with ways to glow only certain objects, and we’ve got a decent technique via the sequencer. Guess a tut would be a good idea…

so why not just change topic on your first post to 2.35 instead of 2.25? you are missleading people :wink:

why not change it for them?

I could, but I want him to do something himself…

:wink:

well, I edited the topic anyway :slight_smile:

more correct this way…

so why not just change topic on your first post to 2.35 instead of 2.25? you are missleading people ;)[/quote]
Probably a typo on his behalf, or he was thinking too much on 2.25

Back to the topic…

A ‘skin’ like ‘subserf’, except it would cover a selected mesh, and you could select how tight it wraped around it, and reselution,…

Game engine:

1. Network and multiplay: options, using socket logic bricks or build in feature to enable playing games online.

2. Speed increase: The game engine is till very slow, why isn’t it as fast as 2.25?

3. mp3 and ogg: this has been disabled, but I really want to see it back.

Blender itself:

1. combine video with sound: You can edit sounds and video in blender, and render them seperated, why not render them merged? Then we have a full video editor working in blender. I still use another editor to merge the sounds and videos.

point 1 of blender and point 2 of the game engine are really needed.

How about a universal undo key?

:smiley: