What Now

Sort of a social commentary on the world’s situation esp. the squandering of resources and the like.

Comments and critiques more than welcome, I’m somewhat of a noob so I welcome any suggestions for improvement. I know the modelling is ultra simple, but the focus was more on composition and the message. Hope I succeeded somewhat.

Rendered with Blender’s internal renderer, post work with Corel Photopaint.

Thanks!

-Tom S.

Great job, no crits from me. Kinda of reminds me of James and the Giant Peach. Nice work. :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s quite nice! I love those little worms. 8)

-Obiwan

Fabulous!
I only have one criticism: the apple cores all look the same. maybe some of them could be bent in different ways and such.

But really well executed… and the lighting is quite nice. And I have to agree quite a bit with the message :slight_smile:

I love it! Great texture on the… is it a grapefruit? The lumpiness and the pores and whatnot just look really nice. :slight_smile: And it’s a great idea. I can see it as a 3D “political cartoon” on the cover of some magazine.

Anyhow, As you said before, the modelling is very simple, but it doesn’t really bother me. The worms, though, look a bit too plastic: both in their deformations and their specularity.

Anyway, great work! Keep it up.

–Colin

It’s wonderful. Through, the orange seems to stand out in the middle of apple cores. Since when oranges fall from apple trees? You’re basically comparing orange and apple! :stuck_out_tongue: So it’s intentional?

I’d love to see an animation of the worms doing …ahem… the unthinkable.

hey look its the american government and the orange is iraq

no man the composition in thats awsome it reminds me a bit of venomgfx’s work i cant seen to get my lighting as good as yours

Pretty cool!

The ground texture needs work.
It’s weak looking compared to
the other textures.

Colors are nice.
Lighting is good.