In light of the latest string of rather ‘downer’ posts, I would like to change the subject.
I would like to add Linux to my box but I’m not sure on which distribution to buy.
Here’s what I’m want for features:
- To be able to mount NTFS drives
- Run comfortably on an eight gig drive/partition
- Full support for nVidia GeForce video cards
- KDE and Gnome
- Easy GUI install
- Visually setup a dial-up Internet connection
- Support for DVD videos and data
- Disk partition app that can partition disks w/o reformatting (that works with ntfs)
Here’s what I’m going to use it for:
-Graphics 2D and 3D
-Miscellaneous multimedia purposes
The question basically means: what’s the best Linux distribution for the reasons listed above.