What workflow should i be using??

Hey guys! I’ve recently been getting into creating low poly assets that would be used in thing like DS/Mobile games. I want to be able to do this to best of my ability and would like to know what the correct workflow is for creating these kind of assets.

My current workflow has basically just been create the low poly model, Unwrap and then hand-paint some textures on before exporting. I’m probably missing a lot out of my workflow and some help would be greatly appreciated :)!

you should do what you feel most comfortable with. there is no “correct” workflow.

Some more details and possibly reference images of the effect you want to achieve would help us to give you more specific and relevant advice. :slight_smile:

Just when i look at some professional models that are done for mobile i’m guessing people create things like AO and Normal maps for them to make them look better. I just just want to know what i should be doing to get the best looking model i can when i’m making it low poly for mobile devices :)!

polygons are not the only thing that affects the preformance, bumpmaps, normal maps, spec maps and all that also does… for mobile i would just use a regular texture. and use maps for spesific objects such as weapons (glossy) water (reflective) etc.

Ah-ha. Now I think I understand what you are after. This may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApzVWuPa4A4