What would you do if your Eevee render keeps crashing? But you really want to use it

When I try to render it, I der borging and then it crashes…

Ik already watched a fee YouTube videos that didn’t work for me.

Could the problem be too much materials or meshes ?

What is your advise ?

Or is there another way where the materials look the same as in the cycle render ?

It’s hard to say… how much RAM do you have, and how much is Blender using? How many polygons do you have? Can you share the file?

Sidenote: While the primary language of this forum is English, you’re welcome to add a Dutch version of your posts alongside the English versions :slight_smile: I’m learning Dutch myself, if you want and if it would be helpful, I can try to post a Dutch version as well as English on future replies on this post. Just don’t expect it to be anything resembling good Dutch :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well I’m not good at all that. I’m just making something and then hope I can render it haha.

Now it is rendering in cycles and this is all I can see;

Does it also have to do about the size of the file itself ?

Oh don’t worry about it. I speak Dutch but it isn’t quite good tho. Just like English

Gotcha, no worries :slight_smile: Try this: click on this button here:
2022-07-06 19_02_42-What would you do if your Eevee render keeps crashing_ But you really want to us
The one with the arrow. Use that to upload your blend file here, so we can take a look at it

I wanted to upload it but then I get the error message:
"

"

I tried it a few times but still get to see the same message.

While I already made sure it is compressed. Should I take screenshots from the settings?

Try uploading it to this site:

First, try to render it with Cycles using CPU rendering and put rendertile to something like 32x32 pixels, just start rendering and wait enough minutes/hours you need and tell how much it uses memory. Memory usage is shown while rendering.

Then we need to know how much you have RAM in your computer, what CPU, what GPU and how much VRAM in your graphic card if you have discrete graphics.

Basicly if you render GPU (Cycles GPU or Eevee), you need to fit assets to memory that is available your GPU (VRAM). Also I don’t know how well Cycles GPU rendering works other graphic cards than nVidia.

If you render CPU, you need to fit your assets to RAM.

One 4K texture render channel is 16 megabytes, so asset with two 4K RGB textures and two 4K single channel texture maps uses 128 megabytes memory. 8 million polygons uses about gigabyte, 2k cubemap in Eevee takes 768 megabytes to bake, 4K HDR uses 200 megabytes… So do the math and simplify. GPU’s also have issues if you have more than 256 textures.

If you ran out of memory, it crashes or it is extremely slow. It just requires to fit your scene complexity to available memory.

Eevee can view materials almost identical way than in Cycles. They got same kind of shading model but rendering technique is different. Eevee doesn’t have light bouncing. It just fake specular bouncing using reflection plane, cube maps and uses screen space reflection, and diffuse bouncing need to is precalculated or use fill lights. Shading models are very close so materials can look same.

1 Like