What would you like to see in a business?

I would like to know what you would like to see in a computer repair business.
(Mainly because I own one) check it out if you wish

http://members.tripod.com/jkcomputerswv/

The same I want to see in any business: ethics.

people who can repair computers

why do you ask?

The same I want to see in any business: ethics.[/quote]
I second this.

Massages while you wait. And low prices, honesty, competence, yada yada yada. But mostly the massages.

I don’t quite think i can offer massages. But mainly… oh the hell with it just look at my site and tell me what you think about my business

http://members.tripod.com/jkcomputerswv/

Sign my feedback form and let me know what you think.

Site looks ok, but is your game design anything like your web page design? Like real life you say? I think you have a few years of work ahead.

Well the game is a totall different thing… Give me an idea of how you think the site should be laid out…

First of all, the “one zero one zero one one” might be fine for an ameteur page, but it’s not fitting for the professional world.
(Besides, I’ve always felt it’s silly to represent binary in one’s and zeros in an image… you might as well show it with absence or not absence of something. Same applies to the people who think they’re cool for “speaking binary” out loud.)

Anyway, hosting on tripod and having your company’s name at hotmail does not look professional in the slightest. I would highly reccomend you get your own domain name.

Well i really wish the business had the money to get a full fledged site and email with the site, but as i said the business is new. So i will expand in the next year or so… but i am grateful for your information and critisizm<don’t know how to spell that

I don’t know exactly what you think it is, but last time I checked, binary was simply a number system like our base 10 or hexidecimal.
Saying “10” instead of “2” is weird, but correct.

Anyway, hosting on tripod and having your company’s name at hotmail does not look professional in the slightest. I would highly reccomend you get your own domain name.

I second this.

I’m working on trying to maybe (heh) do some freelance work, creating websites (with CMS systems so they can update by themselves), art etc. I’ve got my own domain name and website, no ads. I’m working on setting it up now.

I suggest no website until you can afford it, and when you do get a website make it look nice.

Not sure what else, not in a righting mood tonight and it’s getting late…

Well, first of all, I expect proper grammar from someone who I’m going to be paying to take my computer apart. Starting your sentences with conjunctions isn’t great.

I also see a 1337 visual with the binary background… that is more cheesy than it is cool.

I think it is equally ludicrous to charge $20 for installing memory as it is to charge $50 for installing a CD-ROM. Memory snaps in and snaps out - CD-ROMs don’t. I don’t know what kind of point you’re trying to make, $50 is a fair price as is $20. I’ve been paid $80 for simply transferring data from one computer to another. Was it worth it? For them it was. I told them it was worth less and they paid me that anyway.

I can tell!

Well tight now i am not in the buss for the money, at least not yet… i mainly am giving cheaper prices than the store in town… so if i lowered my prices anymore i would be broke. Thanks for your opinion…

without knowing more about your business, it appears that your main unique selling points (usp’s) are:
a) doing it cheaper
b) your problem will be fixed

provided you do this you will build up a customer base. good luck with the business

Then you aren’t in business. You have a hobby. People may pay you to do your hobby for them, but if you’re not aiming to make money, you’re not a business. It’s sad, but that’s the way it is.

That’s not to say that you can’t enjoy what you’re doing… in fact, I’d say that’s a requisite. However, don’t fool yourself into thinking that since some folks might give you some cash to do what you enjoy, that you have a business. I’ve made that mistake (I’m sure a lot of folks have). There’s a lot more to it than that, and if you don’t have your priorities straight ahead of time, you’re going to run yourself ragged with little to nothing to show for it.

Also… I have to agree that if you’re pitching your business, it might be a good idea to make sure you spelling and grammar are [more or less] flawless. You are no longer just a tech. You’re a marketer, a financer, an accountant, a manager, and a plethora of other positions. If you cannot do a particular thing properly yourself, and your serious about making it work, then you better be looking to hire someone who can.

thanks… i’ll need it