What's Blender face count limit.

I’ve been creating a new template model for my human characters now, and slowly learning about the logic blocks but I am wondering what is the GE’s face limit?

The character I have is close to about 2,000 faces but that’s because it’s a “high” detail template that I am going to knock down a little with a few tweeks (depending on the character thought).

Can the GE handle a few characters with this count, plus a basic level design?

And if it helps I am thinking of a frame rate limit of under 30 frames per second, always.

What’s Blender face count limit.
There is no “limit” to the amount of faces you want. However, the more faces you have, the slower the game engine will run.

Can the GE handle a few characters with this count, plus a basic level design?
The simple answer would be yes. If you know what your doing, you could make a 8,000 face character with a huge level run fast on low end computers… but still… I wouldn’t want to go overboard with the faces.

The physics engine + lots of alpha mapped stuff will also slow down the BGE. However, if you do level of detail, then that can help speed up the BGE. For example, you could have a 500-face character from far away, and have it / him / her change to a 4000-face character from close up.

My previous post kind of relates my thoughts; we could create a PS3-level graphical game, if we wanted to put enough work into it. If we push a LOT of faces on a single character at close up, it would look HOT, and then lessen the faces when far away for performance.