What's difference in between eye and monitor in the outliner?

And how they suppose to be used together?

You can hover over them to find out :slight_smile:

• Eye: hides the object in the viewport, but still renders it
  • Camera: hides the object in the render, but still shows it in the viewport

I meant not camera but rather that small pc monitor picture. Whats the difference with the eye and checkbox?

For me the monitor and camera icon is in the Modifier Properties and not in the Outliner and have similar meanings as the Eye/Camera icons. The checkbox in the Outliner for whole collections switches both visibilities in viewport and camera AFAIK.

isn’t it what checkbox(the first one) for ?

I also wonder can I have say Collection A show Collection B (rigs only) objects off which is also Collection A members ( collection B is not a sub-collection of A but rather a shared collection for all rigs in a scene) ? Or same manner with some hidden collections you do with Ctrl+G you could only see in Blender file menu? A kind of boolean on collections? With any of those checkbox , eye and monitor marks?

Hi @Ivagr , Blender allows you to create several viewlayers inside one given scene. The eye is a per-viewlayer property that allows you to have different visibility states for the same object or collection in different viewlayers, it’s purely practical and can’t be controlled by drivers and can’t be keyframed.

The monitor is the actual visibility property of the object or collection, so it can be keyframed or driven and it carries over to scenes into which your object or collection is linked. Unintuitively, the monitor corresponds to the eye that was present in pre-2.8 versions.

Thanks for the explanation Hadriscus

Do you think some kind of boolean operations with collections is possible in Blender?
Like making Collection A visible excluding collection B which objects is also collection A members?