What's it called?

I can’t remember what something is called in Blender. If anyone knows what I’m talking about please help.
Not long ago something was being worked on in Blender which you could use a spline to create animals and other forms. I never used it but it looked as though you could draw out a simple spline shape skeleton and this plugin would flesh it out.
Does anyone know what I’m talking about and what it was called?

Skin Modifier ?http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.64/Skin_Modifier

Bsurfaces: http://vimeo.com/26339130

It was the Skin Modifier. Thank you very much.