What's missing? (please vote)

UPDATE: Kindly vote which one is better so I can upload the clay renders and studio shots: What's missing? (please vote) - #100 by usernew

It looks fine to my eyes.

10 Likes

Don’t have critical comments. Don’t know hard surface modeling. But I love the look. It seems you used pro lighting…

It looks like it’s a small model, not an actual car.

I used backplate with the respective HDRi. Nothing else.

What’s giving it off? The size of the car?

Don’t really know, just feels like it.

Could be the fact that Koenigsegg is such a small car?

Did you model it with the right scale?

Nope. But I followed blueprints.

Also, maybe you could use some composition such as glare, contrast and lens flare etc.

Glare: There.
Contrast: adjusted
Gamma: adjusted

Lens flare: I thought it only forms when the light source is in camera view.

add some camber to your wheels.

Maybe it look too clean shader wise, if you can add some light wear/dust it should look better (if possible).

Or maybe it need better post compositing ( granulations, lens flare ?? ).

You can judge it better if you compare it to similarly real scene.

1 Like

You should turn its headlights on to make it look special since it looks unique.

EDITED because it made close to zero sense

Ooh, I see something! It’s not what you’re looking for, but it is an interesting effect;
The middle two images where you’re looking down onto the car on the concrete floor look like the car is a toy model. The concrete texture is good, so it might have to do with the hdri or lighting.

The way I understand it models should always be scaled 1:1 to real life because for whatever reason it makes a difference to how light works with it.

[quote=“Kogomat, post:14, topic:1166902”]
. . . it looks like the car is a toy model . . . [/quote]

That may be it, scaling it to the correct size could help. And (I don’t know enough about this, but I’ve heard) the camera settings might need changing – different ones are used for toy photography than big-sky nature photography, using the wrong ones can leave your renders subtly off.

But the wheels are spinning. I will try to add some granulations.

In the studio renders?

But the background is the concrete texture extended. I will adjust the focal length.

@KickAir_8P

I always model according to the blueprint. Then later, I resize it to the correct scale. Can you tell me in which images you see the car looking like a toy?

Yeah, in the studio render and also on the exterior render.

Fantastic job. Car looks perfect. All backgrounds look perfect. Possibly the problem lies with the atmosphere. In the enclosed area you could add some atmospheric dust. And on the outdoor render possibly add a tiny bit of distance mist and blue the shadows on the car ever so slightly. Usually all outdoor shadows have a hint of blue.

2 Likes