What's wrong with George Bush and people ?

Simple Solution:New Speech Writer.

I don’t think you’ve got it right, there…

I live in a European country and it doesn’t work like you describe it…

While the government very difficult gets more than 50% in the parliament, it still has the majority in it, otherwise there is no government at all…

And if the government has the majority, it passes laws as it pleases. Even wrong and unjust laws…

The minority parties can’t do anything to stop it… Even if they wanted to… :wink:

The only one with the authority to stop it, is the President, but since in most countries he is elected from the Parliament (and hence from the government) 99.99% of the cases, he will do whatever the “Parliament” will say…

The only solution is to start voting for honest people, but the problem is, that I don’t think “honesty” comes with “politics” any more…

I have yet to find an honest man among Politicians…

I think, in Australia at least, if a party doesn’t get at least 50% of the seats in the house of reps (the lower house, the one where the PM resides, and laws/policies are created) it’s called a “hung parliment” and a second election is called.

Besides, even if it was the case that you described, then the minority parties only would have control over issues that the major parties disagreed on.

[Note: the rest of this post isn’t directed at anyone in particular, this is just my personal opinions about the world in general. I don’t know anything about Kerry’s past present or future that I didn’t learn from chat rooms etc, so I’ll refrain from commenting on him.]

Terrorism is obviously a major issue in the world today - ever since the USA was attacked on 11/9 there’s been a major increase in terrorism, all over the world, right?

Wrong.

Check out http://www.comw.org/pda/fulltext/0306bm29.pdf
Terrorism is (as of 00-02, as far forward as this document goes) on the decline. The difference is that before 11/9 the media would respond to an overseas terrorism event with maybe 5 minutes in the news. Now it’s frontpage headline material.
Admittedly this document only lists the number of incidents, not the severity of them, but I certainly remember incedents pre-11/9 of the scale of the ones that we hear of regularly nowadays. All the same I’m trying to find stats as to people killed or damage caused due to terrorism, but there’s so many 11/9 sites around that actual statistics are hard to find.

But now that an attack has been made on the Sacred Land of America everyone’s gotten paranoid. They’ve realised that terrorist attacks aren’t just something that happens only to other people - and now they’re running scared. They’ve got no idea what to do, and neither does their president, but their instinct is simple: Attacked? Retalliate!

And thus is the War on Terrorism born.

However “terrorism” isn’t something that can really be fought directly, you kinda need particular people to be in the target (at least for public opinion/morale if not for actual logistics), so who to pick? How about Al Queda, the ones who upset the balance in the first place? Ever notice that pre-11/9 almost noone had heard of them, but nowadays every terrorist organisation is linked to them? How many times have you heard on the news “authorities suspect Al Queda” or “xxx has taken responsibilty, authorities suspect they have links with Al Queda” etc etc?

You must be a democrat then, aren’t you?

Well, I’m sure no republican … In the end they are all the same though, only one less dumb than the other …

Kerry’s ideas support abortion and gay marriage on the main side, while Bush is againsd them.

I think these are minor things, look at the world we live in …

Face it, most americans would agree with Bush’s non-war-policies.

What ??? NON-WAR policy ??? Have you been on the moon ? Bush has a PRO-WAR policy… war generates money, and that’s the only langueage he speaks…

Go ahead, if you hate americans, start a terrorist group and bomb america, we’ll be ready to squish you like Al quida.

C’mon man don’t say those stupid things, just because you don’t like bush doesn’t mean that you are pro-9/11 …

I’M COMPLETELY AGAINSD FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION, full democracy is just tacky, look at america, all the obcenity of people means there’s simply too much freedom.

Holy shit! Are you one of the leftovers from waco ?? (if there are any…), I’ve never heard anyone say these words… Why didn’t you go and live in Iraq while saddam was still there ?

Call me a communist, call me an activist, i’ve said this in another community I commonly post around and got the same responces, go and hate me in this topic, but please confine it to this topic.

You know, 15-20 years ago you’d be a freakin’ criminal for saying you were a communist. An activist sounds more like a white-color-terrorist-would-be, I will not hate out of this thread, and I don’t hate you in this thread… You’ve got the right to your opinion… And anyway , I was taught not to hate.

Kind of expecting that to come up, the christian faith is procecuted by many people around the world but we go and follow through.

Any faith is procecuted by the others…

You talk alot about religion, I wonder if you are from a real conserservative place in the countryside, you know where they are completely and totally dependend on Jesus … And where they dance and carry snakes in church…

What I meant by non-war policies is the stuff he has going that doesn’t even deal with the war in Iraq, not that he’s been going againsd war. And when Saddam was in power the Iraqies had almost no freedom, much more then just speech and expression. He was a full blown dictator. And whilst people know the war in Iraq was a big mistake because there were no WMD’s, Bush does agree the world is better off without Saddam.
About religion, it’s not I would pick up extreme christianity magically, I had good teachers especially my parents to teach me the ways of christianity. Our pastor is pretty much the same.

Pixar isn’t owned by Disney and they are no longer making films for Disney. Warner Bros or Dreamworks won’t buy Disney out, because Disney isn’t going to go bankrupt with a worldwide entertainment empire that is only lacking in animation. If you knew how much their theme parks, hotels, resorts, cruise boats, TV channels, and the island that they own brought in you would never say that.[/quote]

… and you even manage to throw in the completely unfounded and speculative information that Disney will be bought by Warner Bros. or Dreamworks. Wow.[/quote]

Or maybe you just interpret them wrong. Sure I can say stupid things, but I often speak very intelligentally about the issues.

And when Saddam was in power the Iraqies had almost no freedom, much more then just speech and expression. He was a full blown dictator. And whilst people know the war in Iraq was a big mistake because there were no WMD’s, Bush does agree the world is better off without Saddam.

Yes… well, that doesn’t suddenly justify that he went to war… and it’s not difficult to know that the world is better of without saddam… So I don’t give bush credit for thinking that…any 4 year old can think of that…

The intial reason of the war was because they claimed Saddam had WMD’s and refused to cooporate with UN inspectors, The war wasn’t entirely to oust Saddam it was to prove he had WMD’s.

The intial reason of the war was because they claimed Saddam had WMD’s and refused to cooporate with UN inspectors, The war wasn’t entirely to oust Saddam it was to prove he had WMD’s.

Heyhey… they KNEW before the war that there were no WMD… the war was done for MONEY… – > OIL < – and bussines deals / contracts.

Aside from that… have you even EVER listened to what Hans Blix had to say ??? He was very clear about the one way policy of the US during the weapons inspections. Let’s not give wrong information here.

There has been enough PROOF that the US was intending to start a war on iraq even before the inspections got under way… that’s why Hans Blix was so angry… All of these inspections and things were just a coverup… I think you know that too …and if you don’t then you should gather more objective information… not just the info you want to gather…

Sorry, but I don’t listen to very many long speeches on the news. (don’t have the patience for it), but even then Bush still thought he could’ve been hiding WMD’s.

Bush and the US thought the following…

Let’s start a war on iraq, get the oil, make money, make good lucarative contracts… again … make money…

Then they needed an excuse, so they initiated the weapoins inspections… when. They thought : " well, if we find anything, we make a war…if we don’t … then we’ll find a different way…"

So when they didn’t find anything (most easy reason for starting the war)… they suddenly cut of the inspections… like '“oooh…your time is up” , “you didn’t comply…” … that’s what’s happened…

Why would we even do it for the benefit of the country if we already gave the country back to the Iraqies. I think you’ve been in the rumor mill a little too long.

Kansas_15 … I really don’t know what to say, your attitude is both amusing and frightening, the calm before the storm is almost at an end.
Iraq… biggest distraction in history…
when you start thinking why? that is when the fear sets in.

hmm…those 2 doesn’t fit together…sorry…

and if we’ve been in the rummor mill for a little too long…you have been watching CNN way too much buddy!

hmm…those 2 doesn’t fit together…sorry…

and if we’ve been in the rummor mill for a little too long…you have been watching CNN way too much buddy![/quote]
Of course they don’t, because it looks like you tried to set something up to falsely take this argument in a wrong direction :Z

You know what, I should go back and find a few typos or grammer errors in sll of your posts and then call you idiots. I’m not supporting Bush, but bashing him for mistakes is immature.

LOL - exactly what I’m thinking about this thread.

Don’t call me an idiot, I wasn’t one who was bashing bush I was bashing Kerry instead :stuck_out_tongue: , though he looks promising in a few departments even though he’s wholly corrupt.

Why would we even do it for the benefit of the country if we already gave the country back to the Iraqies. I think you’ve been in the rumor mill a little too long.

First of all, the US is still there, and it’s not so that they gave the country back, also, they want the country to be exactly build the way they want it, then they can benefit from it… what am I talking about you say ? Well, the government is even appointed but the americans…Have you ever heard about ‘long-term-thinking’ ? The country needs to be build up … that’s going to be done byu american companies mostly…

Hey b.t.w. isn’t it weird that the US wants to make the biggest ambassy in iraq? what was it … 10.000 employees ? Sounds to me like a second pentagon…You tell me… they gave the country back or not ???

Don’t get me wrong… I am not anti-american whatsover…I’m just plain factual… The americans want to establish a stronghold in the middle east… it’s not enough the way it is now…

They still have americans there because of all the terrorism still over there, they’ll later establish a permanent government run by Iraqies, and pull out of the country.