What's your ALL TIME favorite video game(s)?

(rwv01) #1

Home system, pc, arcade or what ever!

I used to love Galaga!

Also those vector graphics games like Battle Zone and
Tempest!

(Ecks) #2

Doom, Doom2 (doom 95 etc…all the doom) and hopefully doom3! :smiley:

my favorite compagny is ID interactive and my faorite programmer is John Carmack. Do you want to know more?

(blengine) #3

PARASITE EVE 1 and 2! the greatest games ever…wow what a friggin amazing story and game…whew…

(SGT Squeaks) #4

Sam & Max!!! :smiley:
Baldurs Gate 2
Hand of Fate (a 2d classic like sam & Max)
Morrowind
The Dig (another 2d classic)

Its funny, I love 3d and my job is 3d modeling, but my favorite games are 2d. strange eh? :wink:

(MaceG) #5

King’s Quest 8
Thief Gold
And, of course, Space Invaders.

(valarking) #6

Sorry, but I hafta say Final Fantasy 7. Hehe.

(Grizzly69) #7

#1 All Time Fav:

Half-Life- No other game had affected me more than this amazing thriller.

#2 All Time Fav:

System Shock 2 - Spooky SciFi is right up my alley. Scarier than Half-life.

#3 All Time Fav:

Starcraft - This game was the biggest time stealer I ever played (I actually started off with Warcaft 2 which got me hooked on Starcraft).

#4 All Time Fav:

Unreal Tornament - For online gaming and Bots, nothing beats UT.

(CubeFan973) #8

PC Game Overall: I can’t get enough of these two games (mainly because I keep losing the discs), so I have to say that “Myst” and “Riven: The Sequel To Myst” is the best game series I’ve seen. (Hoping for Myst III: Exile for my birthday–that would rock!)

Console game: When it comes to having fun without needing your brain for too much, the 2 “Crazy Taxi” games for the Dreamcast are some of the coolest, most original recent games. Bought the two Dreamcast versions for when I bought my Dreamcast, and I’d LOVE to play the 3rd, but there’s no way I’m selling my Dreamcast stuff for an XBOX, as Dreamcast stuff is rare now and I got mine for $100 not including some games.

Platform Game: I don’t know, I think that’d be “Crash Bandicoot.” Haven’t played it much, but it’s pretty cool.

(Anybody notice a pattern? All the games are part of a series!)

Game Based On Movie: Uh, I don’t know.

Game Made Into Movie: Uh…

Game That IS A Movie: Finally, an easy one! “Dragon’s Lair” for the GBC. I’d really like the DVD version!

Game Based On Franchise: I don’t really think that there’s a franchise based on this, and I haven’t gotten past the 1st level, but there’s this old, neat 2D game of “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” that I can’t play enough of. Those point-and-click games sound rather interesting, but since they involve sexual content, I’m not playing them. (Especially not the “Meaning Of Life,” since it’s buggy, the movie was REALLY dirty, and I know the movie’s version of the Meaning Of Life —SPOILER FOR THE MOVIE OF “MEANING OF LIFE”—People don’t wear enough hats. “Holy Grail” has a mini-game called “Undressing The Virgins,” for Pete’s sake! And I just don’t want to play “Complete Waste Of Time” because I can’t find it anywhere for sale.)

Arcade Game: Uh… does skeeball count? No? Well, I have no clue!

Overall Best Game Ever: Tie: “Crazy Taxi 1 & 2” “Myst” “Riven The Sequel To Myst” “Dragon’s Lair” “Super Mario Bros.” “Crash Bandicoot” “Monty Python’s Flying Circus (2D)”

(haunt_house) #9

wizball; outcast; lemmings II; Last Ninja II; Turrican II, Grand Priz circuit.

Some others, too

(9) #10

SUPER METROÏD 4 ON SUPER NES!!!

What!?

(rogerm3d) #11

PacMan and Frogger on Atari!!!
Mario and metroid on nes!!!

(hannibar) #12
  1. Baldur’s gate 1
  2. Half-life
  3. THPS3 (I just don’t get tired of it )

(SGT Squeaks) #13

Yippie!!! another BG fan. :smiley:

(pofo) #14

hmm… I like big games with stunning graphics, but the ones that usually get me hooked are the little simple ones.

So I must say:

Liero
Angband (I’ve spent so many hours…)
Kung Fu Kim (gotta love this one :D)

1. pofo

(Friday13) #15

FINAL FANTASY 7, great story, great cast of characters, excellent gameplay :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(meestaplu) #16

Best Game (any platform) : King of Fighters '99 for Neo Geo

Best PC Game: Quake III - especially CTF on a LAN!

pofo - Liero is GREAT!!

(macouno) #17

oh that’s so easy.

Halo on xbox

but before I had an xbox… half life would have been my choice hands down.

(gargola) #18

for pc Final Fantasy 7 and resident evil. arcade: ghost n goblins the best arcade game ever! :smiley:

(Nayman) #19

N64 Golden eye
Nintendo Supermario
Sega Sonic 2
Pc: MAX PAYNE!

(Dittohead) #20

Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 lock-on, great arcade action.

Mechwarrior 2
Mechwarrior 4
:wink: