When is BGMC 32?

@fredstash won the BGMC 31

Fred, If you’re here, do you have any thoughts on when you might host the next BGMC? Or alternatively I or someone else could host it since it has been a while since the previous competition.

2 Likes

Yeah… about that… I have literally no idea how to host BGMC (how to run timers on the forum, I probably could put together a poll), so I would love to have it happen again. It would just be nice if someone else hosted it. Honestly right now my schedule shifts a lot (I’m in college) so some weeks I have hours and hours to do things, and some weeks I barely finish everything besides making games.

@Smoking_mirror ?? you are a great host do you want to do it?

3 Likes

I like that idea, bring him back from the dead. he hasn’t posted since a year ago

edit: I have a great idea, lets just tag all the old BGMC people and bring them back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Monster

@Smoking_mirror

@Raco i think?

and all previous winners (and monster) - you are free to step up to host
if no one else does I will.

1 Like

Hey, any news about BGMC?

1 Like

Is BGMC still a thing?

1 Like

Well of course it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can host the BGMC again if nobody else steps up. I’d still like to make a non-competing entry just to sharpen my skills if i do host. Thoughts on a date?

4 Likes

The 2nd wave of Coronavirus is suppose to hit in the Fall …
Perhaps then would be a nice time to relax & start creating a Blender (Game Engine) game contest ^^

1 Like

I’ll try - I am pretty busy but I love bgmc :3

2 Likes

i could use a break, the source has really messed up my mind.

I would love to be a part, but I would feel bad competing since I backed out of hosting… but if you would have me I would make a game for it :slight_smile: (If I have time, of course… college gets busy some weeks)

Fredstash

3 Likes

Yeah I’d love to join one again, it’s been a while for me. For me after August would work well, but it’s a long wait until then :o

How about a Mini-BGMC? Like one that only lasts for 48hours?
Theme idea: Remake (you have to remake one of your old games/prototypes with your new knowledge)

1 Like

I like that idea^^^^ I’ve always wanted to reboot some of my old games- but what about people who have never participated??

2 Likes

Yes, everytime I go through my old games/videos I immediately want to remake them :stuck_out_tongue:

people who have never participated or made any game before can just do something fresh, I’d say

2 Likes