Where are the .pyd files that are needed for Blender W. Forg

I am trying to complete the list of items needed for the Blender World Forge script installation, specifically noise.pyd, cgtypes.pyd and after installing Python2.2.3 and the CGKit, I can’t seem to find any “.pyd” files on the whole computer. I am using SUSE8.2 Linux.

Zaug

Those .pyd files should be in the CGKit folder. Also, I am fairly sure that you do not have Python installed correctly if you cannot find ANY .pyd files.
First thing that I did when I read this post…I went to my Python22/DLLs folder…_tkinter.pyd . When you do find your files, place them in the folder where you keep 2.27. I think that is the only version that it works with. And keep at this problem until you solve it. This script is so cool.

I don’t beleive that there are any DLL files under Linux. I have lots of .pyc and .pyo files.

Zaug

I don’t think you need .pyd files under linux… after running the cgkit setup program (python setup.py install) you should have noise.so in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages - make sure this is in the python path.

You can check the python path by running
import sys
print sys.path
in a text window.

There have been reports of trouble with bwf under Linux - post if you get it running.

I believe that my python is functioning correctly as it communicates with the shell and I have run several python scripts including the l-system generator. When I alt-p it stops on the load noise statement how can I make it find it? Do they need to be manually placed in then blender folder ? If so what files ?

Thank for the reponses.

Zaug

the noise.so and cgtypes.so files are to be copied/moved

But I talked with the author of CGkit and he confirmed that you must have CGkit and Blender compiled with the same compiler.

This implies you should build your own Blender or get a developer compile CGkit :wink:

Stefano

I believe I have both of the requirements met except I thought that the cgkit compiled through python.

Anyway here is the console output . Perhaps the author can derive something from this.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “BWF-0.0.6.py”, line 28, in ?
ImportError: ./noise.so: undefined symbol: _ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev

Am I the only Linux user that is trying to get this script to work ?

Zaug

Definately a compiler problem. What compiler does Suse ship with?
You can find out with
gcc -v

This is what it gives me about the compiler:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/3.3/specs
Configured with: …/configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/usr --with-local-prefix=/usr/local --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,objc,java,ada --disable-checking --enable-libgcj --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/g++ --with-slibdir=/lib --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit i486-suse-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)

Is it just the version that you were wondering about? Do I need a different compiler? I don’t mind recompiling some things to get this to work and maybe save someone else the trouble-shooting stage at least.

Also IS there a way to use a different noise module? I would think that it would require a good deal of recoding.

Zaug

Probably downloading Blender sources and recompiling Blender should solve the problem.

Maybe :expressionless:

Stefano

nope, I tried it … on my redhat 8.0 system. I had first normally compiled and installed cgkit, and then ran blender from the directory where noise.so was… (/usr/lib)

on my system it was working… but way too technical for me to use… heh.

.b

.b

Did you compile blender from source ? Is /usr/lib where the cgkit should be putting the noise.so file ? Anything else you can think of about installing the cgkit ? It seemed to install fine but the noise .so does not get put anywhere.

Zaug