Where did the realtime preview go?

When I first intalled 2.42, it rendered, and had the block by block YAFRay render effect (using Blender internal)… but now, it just stays black until it is done, tehn an image pops up… what button did I press to turn off the realtime renderview?

Now I am really confused, because for one render, it actually gave realtime feedback… tehn, the render after, back to black until it’s finished. I am totally confused.

Frequently does that with me too 'cept usually when halfway through the render. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Did same with previous release of Blender/Yafray too.

AMD64 1GB ram ATI200x

I’m getting the same thing. Did in 2.41 as well. Black until its done.

okay this is somewhat of an old thread, but i have the same problem (feature?) ive also noticed with longer renders it seems to update a little, but not like the old one did.
also when i try to move back and forth between old/new renders to compare, one dissapears.

I dont realy use Yafaray, but try turning of the XML button on the YafRay tab

just stays black until it is done, tehn an image pops up…

That happens when you have a hungry file that’s using so much swapfile going on there isn’t enough left to draw the process to the screen. Or maybe you have too many other things open? Buckets are still rendering, they’re just not showing.

also when i try to move back and forth between old/new renders to compare, one dissapears.

With the downloaded 600X800 resolution it looses the ‘Previous’ buffer for some reason, but if you choose one of the Presets it works as expected though only in the Render Window and only if both buffers use the same resolution.

%<