Where is the Node Tree Editor in 2.8 Mac?

Hi, (please see image and explanation below). I downloaded an add-on for Blender 2.8 mac, but I cannot find the node editor like in the image below? I see the Shader Editor and the Texture Editor but no Icon for the node tree editor?

The major part of the tree generation process takes place in the node editor. After having installed the addon, a new node tree type should appear in the node editor:
29166753-fa2dee2e-7dc7-11e7-8582-d836a637c2b1

1. be patient. Dont expect an answer instantly, i can see what your message was.

2. Please dont create identical posts, or posts that address the same issue. I’ve deleted your thread in #support:technical-support.

And to address your issue, what engine have you selected? Try selecting Cycles if its not already selected, as that may have something to do with it.

Hi, Cycles is selected. I am trying to load an Addon (Modular Tree) in 2.8 (Mac). I installed it to the addons but I get this message. Also, as stated above, I cannot see the node editor icon as in the image above.

Ah, problem solved. You’re not in 2.8 :wink:
That is 2.7x

Tips, in the future, show the entire window of blender, and highlight whats important. Context can often make troubleshooting a lot easier.

Uh no I’m in 2.8

This screenshot that you provided is 2.7x, that tripple line thing in the far bottom left was removed in 2.8

I downloaded the circled version. So this isn’t 2.8?

Also notice this:

Here it says branch of 2.8, yours says branch of 2.7.

This may be a mac support issue, and will likely get fixed soon. Keep in mind that we’re still in beta. And i’d expect that they would focus mostly on Windows, as its most of the userbase.

Ok, wow that’s confusing. So no 2.8 for Mac. :frowning:

I dont know, maybe its an emulated version of some sort.

Can you link me the site where you found the addon? Maybe it says more about where its supported there.

Sure it’s here

Modular Tree

Modular Tree needs Blender 2.8. Is there no Blender 2.8 for Mac?

i found this, so it should work. try to reinstall blender from scratch. And be careful when selecting the version.

Hmm thanks, I reinstalled 2.8 from the link above again but I must be doing something wrong as I get the same message and can’t see the Node Editor. It doesn’t appear in the dropdown menu.
dropdown

[The major part of the tree generation process takes place in the node editor. After having installed the addon, a new node tree type should appear in the node editor:]

That’s for 2.7!!
In 2.8 each nodetree type gets its own node editor and those buttons were removed (one editor for shaders, one for compositor, one for textures, etc)
When choosing the Node Editor, look for MTree Node Tree.

1 Like

As you can see the addon is installed properly.

When choosing the Node Editor, look for MTree Node Tree .

Hi, thanks but how do you choose the Node Editor? When I select the “Editor Type” Icon ((see image below) I I see no “MTree Node Tree”. If you mean from this menu I don’t see any “MTree Node Tree”. Please explain.

you need the test version for 2.80 (of the addon).
edit: so you need the MTree ver. 3.1.0 or above.

https://github.com/MaximeHerpin/modular_tree/releases

It says 3.0 is the newest release unless I’m missing something!

Hey, thanks to all for the help. So big misunderstanding. I kept thinking you were talking about Blender 2.8 and not the MTree addon needing version 2.8. So after a lot of frustration I got it all working. Thanks for all of your patience. It paid off. Thank you! :slight_smile: