where is the tweak panel? - in 2.5

i keep reading about a tweak panel where you can choose the number of rigs etc in a sphere.
no i don’t see the + symbol either
so far 2.5 is just a nuisance - yet to see any improvement
thanks

Attachments

For a start make sure you are using the current version of blender. If you are using a blender 2.5x version download the latest stable version, 2.60a. Note that you can also use F6 as an alternative to the ‘tweak’ panel after you have added a new object.

thanks
i am following a book written for 2.5 so i am reluctant to change to 2.6.
F6 worked. is that a known problem in 2.5?

2.5 and 2.6 are virtually indistinguishable, any book/manual/tutorial/whatever that was made for 2.5 will work for 2.6. And the tweak panel is at the bottom of the Toolshelf (bar on the left of the 3D viewport, toggles on/off with ‘T’).

And the tweak panel is at the bottom of the Toolshelf (bar on the left of the 3D viewport, toggles on/off with ‘T’).
nope
the panel toggles with T - but the tweak is not there - see picture
thanks

this tweek panel appear only immediatelt after you add a new object then you loose it

so try with adding an object then press on F6

salutations

I can see it, it’s just below the settings for the grease pencil. In the picture it’s displaying ‘Mesh Options’.

I can see it, it’s just below the settings for the grease pencil. In the picture it’s displaying ‘Mesh Options’.

No, that’s still a part of the Tool Shelf.

It’s the older version, I believe the + icon is at the right bottom corner of the 3d view

beginning to doubt what the hec this tweak panel is ?

can someone show a pic and identify it !

thanks

It’s still the tweak panel, which is what the OP is looking for.

I’ve attached a picture of it outlined in red.

Attachments

The actual term for this is the “Last Operator” panel. It allows you to modify the results of the last operator you invoked in Blender. You can also access the controls for this panel from anywhere in the 3D View by press in F6.

well it aint there on my version - not even when i just do something. use F6 instead
thanks all

If this is a + symbol (too small in your image to see), press it and it may show the ‘tweak’ panel

Attachments

Again, no.
‘Mesh Options’ is not a part of the tweak panel, or Last Operator, it’s part of the Tool Shelf.

Anyway, many people keep on having problems finding this Last Operator panel. Hopefully some day they can find a solution for this.

strange cause on 41759

nothing at the bottom right
but got one at top right instead!

and when you clcik on this it brings the n panel

is that what you’r talking about ?

on which SVN are you ?

thanks

RickyBlender, that’s always been there.

In the current blender the + icon for the Last Operator panel is at the bottom of the Tool Shelf. It’s the same one as F6, which you already knew

ok i know how to get this little panel no problems with F6

it’s just that i don’t understand why in the picture it is shown on bottom right !

don’t see it in the SVN i have

looks like this is something new or a feature which need to be unable may be
but i don’t have it at that location
or you have a special built may be!

just wondering
right now it’s difficult to follow all the changes and new things
it’s getting confusing and crazy but nice to see new things !

plus sign is not there to be seen anywhere except at top right and this is for N panel!
so what do i miss here?

this is SVN 41808

happy 2.6

RickyBlender, in your screenshot the panel is already open. At the left, at the bottom of the Tool Shelf. It says “Align to View”.

If you close that panel (by dragging the border down), the + sign will appear left or right, depending on which revision you have. The latest revision it is on the left

EDIT:
in your revision 41808 it should be on the left already

ok i see it the plus + sign!

but in first picture it looks on the right
so still don’t understand why it is there

does it means that the T panel is on the right too?

thanks

thanks

does it means that the T panel is on the right too?

No, the Tool Shelf is clearly on the left in that image. But the + icon for the Last Operator panel was on the right in earlier revisions.

Btw, press F5 when you’re in the Tool Shelf (T) and the Properties panel (N), and see what happens…