Where To Get Blender... ?

(ATMantis) #1

Hey,

I hope this question hasn’t been ask before, I searched and couldn’t find anything, but, I’m trying to get Blender, and so I’ve gone to the Blender ftp download section in the release directory which is where the Blender website says I can download Blender, and then I’ve gone into the directory publisher2.25, and, whoa!

Is it just me that carn’t figure out which one to download? I’m looking for a Mac OS X version of Blender, and I was wondering if someone would be able to point me in the right direction if its not to much trouble.

-Thanks for reading, ATMantis

(will729) #2

i’d say http://download.blender.org/release/Publisher2.25/blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1.zip would probably be it seeing as it’s the one with mac osX in the filename :smiley:

(Gr8RedShark) #3

yes it’s there because I d/l’d it on saturday, the file names are a little long so it’s hard to tell. And i can tell you from experience, the conversion from a 3-button system to the 1-button-and-Cmd-Ctrl-Alt-Shft-Combo system can be confusing. I’m still trying to get used to it. Your best bet is to just set aside time to experiment.

… there’s an earlier post about what looked like bugs with the OSX version, but may not be. better read it. The bug with random crashes still seems unresolved.

(ATMantis) #4

Thanks!
Oops, sorry, I didn’t see the file endings, I just saw alot of identical files :smiley:
But none the less, thanks for bearing with me in my time of need.