Where's the bevel tool I stumbled on? (Script/Plugin, iirc)

OK, I know this is kinda vauge, but a while ago…like maybe 6-12 months ago, someone showed some feature they were coding. He/she showed a screeenshot of it, and it was like a tool that let you easily apply a bevel to your mesh, and it would bevel certain areas based on angles of edges I think. And althought I’m not sure if this part was acutally coded, or just a goal, but I think it had/was gona have the ability to like um…how do u put it…resolved at rendertime? Like it doesnt perminantly effect your mesh…kinda like subsurfs. And you could set things like the bevel amount, roundness, etc for it. Again I know I am being very vauge etc, and some of my recollection may be flawed as part of wishfull thinking :slight_smile: :frowning:

If anyone even remembers it, and more importantly if they know where it is or what happened to it, PLEASE respond to this thread. I could make really good use of it right now :slight_smile:

Thanks,

–Farrell F.

P.S. Yes, I did google and search these forums, and no, I did not find it. :frowning:

try shift + E in 2.34

that might do what you are wanting, its weighted sub-surf.

otherwise i am not sure of what you are talking about sorry

Alltaken

No it’s not the creased subsurfs. I’m am well aware of those…and loving it! My latest project used creases extensivly :slight_smile:

Also, I did some more searching and found two threads on elysiun:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26942

I was able to get the version linked to on Elby’s reply in that thread, but when I try to do anything with that script, I get this is my terminal window after the python script dies:

[email protected] upgrdman $ blender -w
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “bevel_center.py”, line 403, in bevent
fac = dist.val - undo_list[-1][2]
IndexError: list index out of range

:frowning:

I also found this thread:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18305

but it’s links seem dead, and I dont understand the language of the website linked in that thead, so I am unable to attempt scavenging for it there :frowning: A crude assumption makes me think the site is French–based upon the way words are spelt…but what do I know. :slight_smile:

So I’m back to where I start…close to no where :frowning:

Any ideas or help would be much appriciated,

Thanks,

–Farrell F.

check the “Script” window…same where 3D view is, along with UV/Image editor, Sequencer and etc. windows…

you will find tons of scripts…put on your glasses :wink: joking ! :smiley: