Which 300 USD AMD GPU do you recommend for Blender?

Hi to all!

I have a AMD FX 6300 (6 core) 3.5 GHz processor with 16 GB RAM

And my Radeon RX 550 is dying…

I think it’s time to invest in a little hardware upgrade, and thinking in a 300 USD budjet, which GPU do you recommend for working smoothly in Blender eevee?

(Maybe this thread doesn’t go here, sorry if that’s true) :upside_down_face:

Thanks in advance!

I would tend to favor something like a 5600xt. I think with EEVEE more RAM is better, so if you can hold off a bit longer perhaps AMD will release more affordable GPU’s based on the NAVI 2 architecture which will definitely give you more bang for the buck and more memory.

The current rumours are that more RDNA 2 GPUs to be announced in Q1 2021 with 12GB of VRAM.

Non of them because there was a hardware problem that caused other problems with everything but the current RX 6000 series. I’d say wait, save more money, and get a RX 6k series card.

but I can’t wait. My current GPU is broken

Thank you… I was targeting on that one… It’s important for me that it doesn’t get burned with a nice render as the last 2GB GPU I had

Thanks!

Right now it is the worst time to buy a gpu. All the prices are above msrp on ebay and you can’t find a decent one anywhere. Best I could see is a rx 5600xt or a gtx 1070 if you went nvidia. That budget and having to get one now really ties you down. If you went with a gtx 970 you could get one off ebay for like $70 then upgrade down the line when the better cards are available and you have more money.