Which Ones?

I’ve been looking up some soundtracks I’d like for Christmas but I’m a bit confused…

There seem to be a lot of the “same”; for instance there’s two different Chronicles of Narnia soundtracks:

version 1

version 2

And there’s different LOTR soundtracks too; there’s the “normal” ones and the “complete” ones, which have like 3 discs for each of the movies; like the Fellowship of the Ring version has 3 cds.

See [here](http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000IZJZIK/ref=d_rvi_gw_1/002-7772608-8668833)

So, if anyone has these, can you explain the difference?

Thanks

~LC

And there’s different LOTR soundtracks too; there’s the “normal” ones and the “complete” ones, which have like 3 discs for each of the movies; like the Fellowship of the Ring version has 3 cds.
The standard 1 disc versions of the LOTR soundtracks have the primary pieces from the movie, such as themes, and the music from the memorable parts. The 3 disc sets have the complete soundtracks from the films. (At least, that’s what it’s advertised as.)

On the Chronicles of Narnia soundtracks, the “Special Edition” version comes with a bonus DVD with picture galleries, concept art, and a making of video. (This is also based on the product description that I just read.)

Amazon.com used a nearly identical description for the Narnia CDs, making it hard to tell what the main difference was.

Hope that helps.:slight_smile:

p.s. Those are good soundtracks, especially the LOTR ones.:smiley:

Well the Narnia one helped, but what’s more “complete” about the LOTR ones than the normal version?

what’s more “complete” about the LOTR ones than the normal version?
The normal 1 CD versions of the LOTR soundtracks do not have all of the music from the movies. The 3 CD versions come with the entire score from that particular movie, i.e. every single note of music that was in the movie is on the CD. (At least, that’s what the product description says. One reviewer claims that one section was missing, but they could be wrong.) The 1 disc versions are around 60 - 70 minutes long, but the 3 disc sets should be as long as the entire LOTR movie that they were made from.

Hope that helps.:slight_smile:

WOW!

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: