Whirlpool

Anyone know of a tutorial or two that would have some ideas of building and animating a water whirlpool for a short video I’m working on? For example, one might have a spin like a funnel and another have a good water texture, so I can get some ideas on how to make it? Thanks much…
Bill McGuire

I don’t know of any tutorials but I have some simple suggestions.I think a good method to get the job done would be as so.

Create or find a water texture,animated wave like (at least a few frames)& or then animate it rotating too.Then model a funnel like surface, attach the animated rotating texture to the funnel like mesh.Give the texture nor etc…Then attach the same animated texture again but reversed rotation with some nor etc…
Then create a plane at the very bottom of the funnel to emit static particles that you can also animate to flow with the funnel and make it seem like flying water particles(by using lattice deformations).Relocate normals outside(which will make the normals point inside of the funnel) then give the funnel mesh a deflection value so when the particles hit the funnel then they bounce around

2 textures animated rotating against each other giving the illusion of rotating waves.The particles acting as water particles flying around within the funnel…

I hope you find this useful and I hope it makes cense :-? .

Could you use a fluid simulation?