Whispers Street

http://www.pixelarq.com/whispers2-pixelarq.jpg
This image has been inspired by a beautiful Portuguese street in Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay (S XVII)
Modeled in Blender 2.36 and Rendered in yafray.

Nice first post!

Thats a nice image, I like the colors. They look quite saturated, but that could just be the way it looks, I’ve never been there.

The road looks like it would be rough to drive on, I guess thats why the barrier is there.

Good job, nice detail

you should change the duplicated tree a little bit, i can easily see that,
great image!

i like it but just the road looks bit wierd.
I like the wall textures.

looks just like it! i love it - great image - definetely must be submitted to the BLender3d gallery! good job! :o

the only crit is the compositing of the foreground with the background - along the roof line you see a white area (probably from having OSA while rendering in premul mode) - just blur that in GIMP and it’ll be perfect :wink:

Lovely colors, it did me some good seeing it.

I’ll show it to my portuguese friends to see their reaction :slight_smile:

Was the street really that wavy ? Then again, maybe it was intentionally adapted to the fishermen sea legs :wink:

Jean

great job, really super
the road has a texture problem near the camera, it is a bit stretched there.
I agree with the alpha-tree-textures being a bit duplicated
did you use 3d total textures?
I love the colours
I’d love to see more from you

Pretty image, seems very quiet.

Great image, the colours are nice the modelling is interesting.

nice pic,the vase on the left seems like floating,but other than that i wont change anything.
colors are great.

Great picture. I like it !

Great image. I could even say that it was rendered with “Brasil”. Nice color composition, and textures. I really like it.

This is a very, very nice concept for an image and it is very pleasing to the eye. I do believe that the perspective and scale of the objects within the image, such as the lamps, appears a bit forced.

If it were me, I would also put some interesting shadows onto the street, beyond the sharp ones that are there now. I dunno, maybe just a gobo (a shadow mask put over a spotlight) to put just a little bit of shadow detail over it, as though there were some palm-trees up there or something, or maybe high clouds because it’s going to rain tomorrow.

The main thing that I am trying to do with that is to clarify to the viewer what is the brightest and therefore the most important thing in the picture; it’s not the street. I guess I think about sending the viewer’s eye in the general direction of that yellow-fronted building… very subtly, because I don’t want him to ignore all of the luscious detail elsewhere in this scene but I do want to make a path for the eye through it. (This also gives the eye easy access to that very nice church tower in the background.)

If it were me, I also would crop very slightly on the right side of the picture. Maybe. I’d try it, anyway. I really don’t want the viewer’s eye to “get stuck” in the lower right corner of the frame, and by making the proportion of the blank-wall areas on the front-left vs. front-right sides, taking away just a little bit of the weight on the right side, I’ll be moving the viewer’s eye just a little bit towards the left, and thence up my path to the top-left area, yet doing so gently enough that he won’t feel pushed or in a hurry.

I might put a very soft light, maybe a mottled blue or brown light, coming in from over the viewer’s right shoulder and in a similar fashion on the other side of the street. The excuse for this light will be that some light that is bouncing off the walls on the other side of the cross-street and warming up those cobblestones just a tiny little bit. It’ll be a very soft effect and I don’t want the viewer to notice it at all. (Remember that it must not add any light to the main street, so you’ll need to rig up a couple of masks to make sure it doesn’t.) This light is also going to allow us to give just a little bit of fill-light on that plant in the foreground so that it’s not quite in such of a deep shadow, and it’s going to give just a little warmth on these cobbles to contrast with the much sharper, bluish, very-directional sun light that is (quite correctly) illuminating the main street. I don’t think that you have to be too precise in rigging this light because all of the light is going to be diffuse, bouncing off a stucco wall. It really does not need to cast any shadows either.

The very last thing I would do is to put a little dirt on those stanchions in the street, and you know, on a place like that the supports for the cables would probably be some nice little cement pillar and not a shiny tube.

It all comes back to what begins as a very nice and pleasing picture, very well-done and thoughtfully composed with attention not only to the left-to-right but also the front-to-back. (The church tower was a masterful stroke.) The “film” is very well-exposed, with no excessive contrast anywhere. The color balance is very nice. (The foreground-area is slightly underexposed, which the wall-bounce fill-light will clean up immediately.) Very nicely done. My suggestions, although detailed, should be interpreted as fine-points.

(I personally don’t zero-in on the duplicated-trees and so on because my eye is never drawn to those trees. I see them only en passant, as I should. The subject matter is clearly not the trees. This is good. You have controlled the sky-lighting well, and if my eye does spend time in the trees it’s going to go straight to the church-tower, so you are covered either way.)

Thank you for comments and time for viewing my image.
I´m happy, Whispers Street is in the Blender 3d Gallery. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Then congrats to making it to the Blender Gallery!! Very good job with the attention to detail in the houses, plants, and brick street.

‘Well, back to the blending table…’

Not only in blender choice gallery, but if you allow, also on my desktop ;D

Yeonil

Nice, pretty realistic/photographic. The only things that stand out to me are maybe the roof tiles need texture, and all of the major subjects have similar brightness. This makes it look sunny, but makes it slightly harder to settle one’s focus on the composition as a whole. Whether or not you want this is up to you :slight_smile: You could always darken the background trees a bit, and try to get a shadow on part of the street if that’s not what you wanted.

I like the highly irregular/curved street and also the color of the street the best. Wall textures are great, and the tower in the background is an excellent addition, gives the scene context.

very good picture!!!