White fringe on Mist pass

Hi. I have a scene that has grass and other vegetation in it which uses opacity maps to cut out the shape of the grass and flowers in the shader. When I generate a mist pass (see attached image) there is all kinds of noise and ugly white fringing happening on the grass and flowers.

The mist pass is actually set to happen far into the scene (behind the monolithic structure in the middle of the scene) so I don’t understand why it would happen especially in the foreground.

Thanks for your help!

Hi.
You might not have noticed that there’s no attached image.
I think I’ve had the same issue in the past and haven’t found a way to solve it , so will be interested in what people have to say. Hopefully somebody can help you (and me indirectly!).

Oops sorry, thanks for pointing that out. I had noticed it in version 2.93 and was really hoping it would be fixed in v3. I hope someone has a solution. Here is the image.

Hmm. Does anyone know what to do?

I still haven’t found any solution for this. If you know something, I’d appreciate it if you could share it. I don’t understand why nobody discusses this very important issue.

what happens if you disable depth of field? can you share an example file?