whizz whir flash

(PlantPerson) #1

I’m making an underwater game, how can I animate textures to get that “water-shadow” effect on the sand?

(Krabat) #2

Hoi PlantPerson,

only way that comes to my mind is having a second mesh slightly above the sand-mesh that has an uv-animated alpha map on it. saluk’s uvanim script is here: http://mysite.iptic.com/spinhead/downloads.html#python

Krabat

P.S.: hihi, a fellow underwater game maker… what about a new irc channel just for submarine games?

(digitalSlav) #3

2.25 should be able to handle animated textures…

(Pooba) #4

Acually, you don’t really need a alpha mapped texture right above, just combine the two textures so that the light lines (whatever you want to call them) move around (you have ot make several frames of the animation within the same texture) there’s some tutorial on it but i donh’t know where.

Pooba

(PlantPerson) #5

What Pooba’s getting at is exactly what I wanted to hear! I thought you could do that! Tell me more! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(PlantPerson) #6

Hey! I still need help you guys!

(Krabat) #7

/me wants to know too about multiple textures per face!

Krabat

(kEinStein) #8

You can only map one image onto one face - I believe Pooba meant combining the animation with the background-texture. I would do it that way.

(Pooba) #9

Yeah, you have to have only 1 texture. You can combine your two textures in any sort of paint program (like The Gimp). Then, using animated textures, you can make it move.

Pooba

(PlantPerson) #10

but how???

(Pooba) #11

cut the lines out (not the whole picture, just the lines) and then paste it onto the ground material.

Pooba