who has experience with making a 3d game for web/smartphone?

Playcanvas looks pretty interesting however I have no programming skill which is why I previously started with gamesalad. darn it …

Hello

you could check Blend4Web, maybe?

Bye

blend4web man if one could just make a game in Blender Game engine and then export all that as HTML5 and JS for the web with webGL …

This is what I have been saying all along,

html5 runs on almost everything right?

but we need a programmer of massive skill who know the code base, and probably a kickstarter to really get it done.

HTML5 would run fine for me if it wouldn’t use WebGL for drawing 3D. For some reason, since Chromium updated once, WebGL doesn’t work any more - it shows that it is disabled although there is no option to enable it. Only way yet for me to use Chromium is Firefox, but it is noticeably slower than Chromium.

If you prefer “visual coding” maybe you could give GDevelop(MIT/GPL) a try.
There is also the proprietary engine Stencylwhich has free export to web. (havent tried it myself)
Both engines are cross platform.

EDIT:
Never mind I overlooked that you need a 3D engine.
The above mentioned are both 2D.

@BPR
It is very different developing for HTML and javascript than it is for a standalone computer. For one, the processing power at your disposal is far far less. Playcanvas offers worse performance than BGE in terms of graphical quality per framerate. Same with blend4web. (My laptop has issues running any of blend4web’s demos).

The chance that BGE get’s a way to export directly to HTML5? I’d guess less than 0.005%
Interestingly, the physics engine playcanvas uses is ammo.js - a port of … bullet!

@adrian
HTML5 depends on your video card. I know that some video cards are blacklisted by Chromium. Try starting chromeium with the flag “–ignore-gpu-blacklist”
And, you wouldn’t be able to make games in HTML without webGL. WebGL allows a webpage to access your graphics card and use proper graphics acceleration. Earlier attempts to do 3D rendering in browsers used weird things such as triangular CSS borders, or even ascii art. Go check them out sometime, there’s some nifty javascript in there.

@cekuhnen
All computer games will require coding. Best start learning now! It’s really not that hard either. It just takes a month or two to wrap your head around the concepts.