Who is the best 3D artist in the world?

In your opinion, who is the best 3D artist in the world?

Either my mom or your mom; you pick. :rofl:

5 Likes

Your mom…

Which if you said it…

His mom…

…:rofl::rofl::rofl: :joy::joy::joy:…

Whoever has the biggest kit-bash library?

4 Likes

[removed from post]

Steve Bob Jones.

That makes me the worst 3D artist in the world

Kit bash libraries aren’t something you physically own, it’s something that dwells deep within your soul.

No one actually has a kit bash library. It’s an idea, a concept, a zen koan. Something you have to align your spiritual self with holistically, coming to a deeper understanding of what it means to bash the kits.

So when people say they have the largest kit bash library, they’re not speaking about physical or digital goods, they’re speaking of having built a foundation towards a higher truth.

4 Likes

…well that’s an easy one to answer - my 10yr old nephew, little dude is a master :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hopefully not an AI. Whoever is the best 3D artist i will not try to compete with them. They probably started doing art when they were 3 yrs old and its probably the only thing they do in life… Best thing to do is find your own style and do stuff that you find satisfying and are pleased with and try to have fun.

1 Like

If we’re going by sheer valuation, then it would have to be Beeple!

I don’t know why you guys talk about so obvious stuff. Answer is simple
ONE AND ONLY :smiley:
(1) Colin’s Bear Animation (10 hours) - YouTube

PS. Before someone complain… just to say. Couple years ago, I and couple other people make some kind of challenge. We try to at least touch quality of one very, very… “talented dude”. We suspect that he trolling… but none of us achieve to be even close to such unattainable heights of… abyss.
We learn important lesson, to make really, really bad art, you need talent.

PPS. Talking of Beeple, here is one of my new favorite artist.
ArtStation - Max Hay
In general there is good quality, many are … generic, but couple are really good ( for my taste )… And he is only 18 year.

1 Like

I like to think that the best has yet to come, so hopefully one of the noobs in this forum :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, it’s me.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"Sorry, Cal … it’s me!" :smiley:

“Best artist in the world … and humble, too!”

1 Like

3D technology is so good now that I do not know if we can judge who the best is based on the quality of their images alone. The rankings might look a lot different if proficiency in the craft is judged by just how one could stretch the tools of the time beyond what could be done comfortably. A photorealistic image made in Blender 2.3x is definitely an indication of a lot more effort and skill than the same image made in 2.93.

2 Likes

Yes, this is true but there are some really great artists around and I hope/know that there are more to come.
Judging by a single image can be misleading but sometimes things stand out not only due to technical difficulty but also for creative and artistic quality. I do admire a lot of work that is not simply photo realistic.

Colin’s Bear animation is a classic. Wouldn’t be surprised if Colin is now working for Weta, ILM or Pixar.

Only matterialless can really compete.