who want to be professionals?

Sheridan College of Applied Arts and Technology in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Sorry, not in the USA, but if you can get in there, have talent, and graduate; you will most likely be working for Pixar, Disney, ILM or any other major animation studio afterwards. This college has an international reputation for excellence. My friend graduated from there and is working for Disney.

too bad, I’ve heard that the company went bankrupt :stuck_out_tongue:
( does this story sounds familiar ? )

too bad, I’ve heard that the company went bankrupt
( does this story sounds familiar ? )

ack i dunno what happened to that company, last i heard from them they were having some serious money problems =(
it woulda been so cool to get all up in yo grill with a snowboard with my design on it 8)

/me is grandpaboy btw… temporary banning of my nick till tomorrow :-?

well, since I stumbled upon Blender, I have completely changed my outlook from hard-core engineering now to more graphics and video.

I have actually done a few things where I made money off of Blender:
Children’s Tower
Palm Project

The rest of the stuff I have been doing for fun, just to build up a portfolio. It has not been untile recently that I have been kicking at the seems, trying to go beyond Blender’s capablities. But then I run smack into the limitations of my hardware.

I hope to be a professional 3D graphics guy. Either in modeling, or lighting/materials. Modeling seems to be my strong end right now, mainly due to the limitations of Blender’s materials.

Going pro would be cool. Then again, I’d actually have to work… :smiley:

Just kidding.

Seriously, I’m always hoping that the Blender community could make a movie (shameless self-promotion: “Plotless Film”), strike a pop-culture cord, then we could open up an animation studio that uses Blender exclusively for 3D works! We would all move together into some kind of tall building, power up some floors with computers, build some apartments for us to live in with whoever or whatever we’d have for company, and basically stay there for the rest of our lives…

No, no, that’s a bad idea–most of these guys probably don’t shower too often :stuck_out_tongue: still, if I could open up an animation studio using Blender exclusively for all 3D works…