Who would you vote for US president ?

Let me know if I miss any other runners

mike moore (by write in)

Alltaken

Anyone else ?

I am and will be sicking with Goarge Bush. Sure he gets criticised but mainly with no apparent reason.

But neither of you can vote…

Ouch!

Or as Kerry would say: Touché!

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Martin

My humble opinion? Go to USAROXTEHBIG1.com and discuss presidential elections there. I’m not trying to be hostile, but everywhere I go, people can’t seem to get enough of Bush and Kerry. Americans seem to be the only ones on public forums going about their LOCAL lives and LOCAL elections. I haven’t noticed theeth and X-W going on about the new governor general or who the hell they have watching over the place.

No offence, I’m just having a really American day today, here in NE-Europe.

I’m glad someone else feels that way Carnivore. It seems every week there’s a new post about them. I fear it will go on for so much longer because next we’ll get the “so who did you vote for” threads and then it’ll be the “do you think he should’ve won” threads. Sigh, Americans just can’t get enough of themselves %|.

I have to agree.
Personally I come to a 3-D forum to talk 3D/graphics/movies/film/advertising/artists…

But even in an off-topic forum…there should be two things
banned on a 3D-board:

1. Politics
  2. Religion

Reason: This is the ENTIRE WORLD…we unite artists
and every artist have their own opinions about politics
and religion. Most artists are real good friends and
like to help each other out with “how-to-do-this-and-that”
but may differ on religious/politic issues…and these
things are usually so personal that it can burst out
in a flamewar EASILY…but disagreeing on art-issues
seldom burst out into flamewars (unless we’re talking
brands) because we’re united in our hobby/profession.

I’m sick and tired of politic-advertising and “one-liners”
found in a lot of people’s posts. I try to overlook them
but in all honesty…it’s annoying. It’s fine that you
want to promote your favourite politican…but the
whole world doesn’t really have to know you know.

Ahhh…really nice to get that off my chest. :slight_smile:

Wow :o The first time I have to agree with you!
I am really sick with George Bush too.

:expressionless: Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Ps. I’m sure I wouldn’t mind not talking about politics and religion. The only problem is that I sometimes have the need to react on some posts.

On the flip side, we’re all people and have as a whole the same attributes. Unless you’re not human, stop complaining about human traits and attributing them to an entire country.

However, we rarely ever encounter foreigners in our daily lives. There are isolated places in America that attract tourists, and foreign students, but other than that, almost NEVER will I see a foreigner. This place is absolutely huge and some states have their own cultures much akin to what seperate European nations would. Europeans are often in contact with their neighbors, and often know two or more languages. Multi-national contact is a part of your daily life, and so you don’t see your country as the only relevant one in your life. Does that make you better than me, or is that simply a social anomoly?

China, Russia, and other large countries have similar situations. However, their politics aren’t currently threatening the future of the world so much as they aren’t currently at war. There are big stakes at hand, and if you fail to realize that, you’re just being snooty, because this “war on terror” affects anyone who could potentially be labelled as a terrorist, including you, if you ever travel here or live in a country that is supposedly “unfriendly” to the USA. One politician has aggressive foreign policy, the other doesn’t… that should concern foreigners, IMO. It’s the most powerful country in the world.

Wow :o The first time I have to agree with you!
I am really sick with George Bush too.

:expressionless: Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Ps. I’m sure I wouldn’t mind not talking about politics and religion. The only problem is that I sometimes have the need to react on some posts.[/quote]
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant sticking %|

Yeah, stick him, stick it to him, poke him with a stick, anything but vote for him!

%<

I started this poll for one reason, because the other polls I seen are ether Bush or Kerry, Now I am wondering what people really are going to vote for and not keep them in the dark on who is running or who you can vote for.

I got my sample ballot, so I change it to the run who is running, however I had to leave one of them on there, so the poll wouldn’t go to the next one.

Too bad. Suck it up and get over it.

There’s plenty of things discussed about other non-US countries here. You don’t care about an American election thread? DON’T READ IT.
This forum is not about YOU. If some people want to discuss the US election, they should be able to.

Americans seem to be the only ones on public forums going about their LOCAL lives and LOCAL elections.

Well, what the hell do you honestly expect? I don’t really care too much about elections in Cananda, so when the Canadians discuss it I just ignore it and give them the respect of letting them discuss what is interesting to them.

Remember the Golden Rule:
If you don’t care about it, don’t read it.

This saves us from having to listen to people bitch on and on.

Jo0ngle:
Politics and religion are fun topics to discuss. Emotions are brought out and it gets interesting. Refer to Golden Rule posted above.
Banning it from the forum is childish controlling behavior.

Pllleeeease… people… STOP TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING.
Leave it to the mods… I’m already getting sick of it and it’s only been out of hand for a few weeks…

There’s nothing childish about following rules, actually it’s more
childish NOT to follow rules (that’s what children do you know…ignore)

You can perhaps mentally filter the countless “kerry for this - bush for that”
signatures & personal ad’s in a growing number of posts, but
not everyone are like you.

There’s a reason the bigger forums have rules, and as Elysiun seem
to be growing all the time - an increase in rules & regulations
seem to be in place (belive me…I’ve been an forum op on many forums
for years) and it’s the same thing that’s happening all over again
and yes…I happen to agree, it’s inevitable.

If the mod think it should be done or lock then I can deal with it, however I’m not left or right so I pretty much disagree regardless. But then again, I wouldn’t want to see this forum turn into a Kids IRC control freek.

Besides, not all rules are black and white

On the flip side, we’re all people and have as a whole the same attributes. Unless you’re not human, stop complaining about human traits and attributing them to an entire country.[/quote]

I partly agree with both of you that I think people should be allowed to discuss what they want and I really have no objection to a discussion of politics or America but Americans seems to be the only nationality of people constantly posting about their own country:

Who would you vote for US president ?
US/world economy may soon come to an end
Patriot act FINALLY being looked at in Judicial review
Kerry or Bush?
enlistment in the United States Navy!!!
pentagon crash? real?
The Not so Swift Boat Veterans?
What’s wrong with George Bush and people ?
JibJab Bush And Kerry Cartoon

I, like many others, get a little fed up hearing similar material recurring.

Of course it doesn’t make me better than you, I don’t consider myself better than anyone. But you exactly highlighted my point - you said that your country is the only relevant one to you. Now we Europeans don’t have to concern ourselves with other cultures but we do because we are not bigots or racially discriminatory. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not stereotyping Americans that way but it seems that there is a distinct sense of indifference towards non-Americans and that IMO is not justified in any culture. It’s just being arrogant.

As an example but not one on which I base my entire opinion of America alone, my uncle who is an American still believes that black and white people should not have relationships and on many times has told me how black and white people still don’t really see each other as equals in America. Am I mistaken? Well, no I guess that would be Alltaken’s missus :P.

Well, I’m from Scotland and I doubt we are generally considered unfriendly to the USA. Also, I understand that American politics is important but discussing them here again and again won’t resolve anything. Sure, discuss it once to hear peoples’ views but it’s like we’re getting a running commentary on the election from beginning to end. I think that’s what the news is for.

And you say I’m being snooty. Just because you have more troops and more weapons doesn’t make you the most powerful. Also, as someone pointed out not too long back, you’re actually a continent so technically you’re nowhere near as poweful as you think - if there was a Europe vs America war, we’d kick your ass.

Concerning economic power, the European and American economies are pretty much tied so our decisions have as much effect on you as your’s do on us:

http://www.theglobalist.com/DBWeb/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=3340

But I’m just airing my views, that’s all. And Valarking’s right, there are more threads that non-Americans can be content with than I thought at first. It just seems there’s more American threads. %|

Hey has this topic been covered yet?

http://bushiswired.com/