Whos going to see WALL•E?

Stanton, for those who aren’t aware, also wrote ALL of pixar’s films except Incredibles and Ratatouille. The guy is mucho talented.

I think that aside from a couple of humans and one computerized space-station voice, there is barely any vocal work at all. Most of the movie is pantomime, which is freaking awesome. Some of you guys might know already, but back in the day Disney made this flick called “Dinosaur”. The original idea for that movie was to do the same thing… no voices for the characters… just pantomime. I was so geeked and then the first trailer came out and it made me even more geeked. And then - I dunno what exactly happened - but Disney must have got spooked by some test screenings or something, cause the next thing you know they started announcing voice actors and released a new version of the trailer with a dialogue track at the end (tho no characters actually spoke the line, it was supposed to imply it was one of the characters…).

I was so looking forward to that movie, and I was really kinda worried about this one when I first heard it was going to be all pantomime… ESPECIALLY since they are now Disney. I could see the whole Dinosaur thing playing out again in my head. Thankfully, Pixar has some balls and will release a film with no dialogue.