Who's My Monkey! Scene update

Hey decided to post this in the WIP forum because I want to make an animation with my monkey.:smiley:

Gonna be getting started on a scene for him later today, but just wanted to post a lip sync test of him first.
This is the first time that Iā€™ve done lip sync-ing, so I know its way away from being perfect and I need to fix a few face Shapes, but hey Iā€™ll get there.:wink:

Hereā€™s the animation

Mov h264 - 132.kb

Windows WMV - 148.kb

Also a BIG thanks out to AndyD for his great lip stnc tutorial, cheers dude.:smiley:

nice job.um I think the sound is a little off with the lips.l but not by much.

Good start. Looks nice.
I also think that facial expression comes a bit too late especially on eye brows.

work on his emotional expressions;)

Thanks guys Iā€™ll try and work on all those things and make him more emotional. :wink:

LOL I was expecting him to say whos my monkey :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways Its a really good job. I think the expressions are quite nice allready. Can you tell me where I can find this tutorial your talking about?

Maybe next time Iā€™ll use the line. :slight_smile:

As for AndyDā€™s tutorial. I got it Here.

I was thinking of having him on a beach next to a palm tree, but didnā€™t want to seem like Iā€™m ripping off ā€œThe Castaway (O NĆ”ufrago)ā€ by Wendell. So I thought about putting him in a zoo inclosure and keeping the palm tree sandy look just with bars.

Looking good - and thanks for the compliments!

Itā€™s probably not the easiest mouth to animate since it goes around the side of the snout but I think youā€™re off to a good start. Donā€™t be afraid to push the shapes a ā€œlittleā€ further than you might think necessary - especially with a TV gameshow host :slight_smile:

One important thing I did notice was that his lips donā€™t close on the ā€œpā€ in Jeopardy. These ā€œhard consonantsā€ (I just made that term up now) like ā€œMā€, ā€œFā€ and ā€œPā€ are the things that carry the lip-sync.

Facial expressions (eyebrow lifts, squints and some assymetrical moves) are important parts of making the speech convincing. I suspect youā€™ll settle into a rhythm and get a good feeling for what works and what doesnā€™t as you continue. One little thing that can make the process more comfortable, even if youā€™re just doing tests, is to put the arms down in a more natural position so they donā€™t distract from the important stuff.

Nice looking character! Look forward to more.

Grape Ape, Iā€™m impressed! Now weā€™re talking business! Yea Blender!

Thatā€™s what people want, they want animation with sound, just like Pixar and talking like Pixar. But people donā€™t understand is how hard and how time consuming animation, especially talking animation, really is.

Itsā€™ good to see the Blender community reach a new level of sophistication with people like you Grape Ape.:slight_smile:

Andy, you deserve those compliments. And yeah Iā€™m gonna push those shapes to the max, but first Iā€™m finishing of the scene, Iā€™ve got some ideas on how to make the sand and water but Iā€™ll have to do some testing first. And your right it is a hard mouth to animate and the facial expressions where very quickly thrown in just to give a little life. :wink:

OZO, I agree. Its good to see people let go of the constraints and take the plunge. My monkey might not talk that much when Iā€™m finished but heā€™ll say alot more then just ā€œemoā€. :slight_smile:

And thanks for the high compliments.

lol :smiley:
"emo, ehā€¦ emoā€¦ emoā€¦ are you alright :stuck_out_tongue: "

Ok, so I was making progress on the scene and background, but it wasnā€™t looking that great, so I decided to abandon the idea of the zoo enclosure and go back to the nice tropical beach look. And I must say its looking a lot better then the old idea. Started late last night.

Its not complete obviously but it will have other trees bushes and grass. Hopefully it will look good when Iā€™m finished.

Progress
http://www.freewebs.com/afirth79/Vista.jpg

sweat palmā€¦