Who's the owner of uploader.polorix.net?

I’m really curious as to whether or not my files will be deleted, or will i just have to wait a month until I can access them (november) because I have some really important stuff there :frowning:

Well, you could try [email protected]

message sending failed.

nope.

no doubt Polorix is trying his utmost to restore everything, it must be terrible for him to have his free file uploading service so badly attacked. I’m sure he will do his best to have everything back in order asap.
noudtluom, surely you have your important stuff saved to disk or external hard drive for back up.
m.a.

Unfortunately I’ve got some of my older WIP images for an important project of mine that I really do not want to lose.

Polorix.net was so blender artists could share blender stuff, I’m not entirely sure it was supposed to be a file back up service. Any abuse of that service in that particular manner, then, intentional or not(not saying you were doing it maliciously or even really on purpose, here) will more than likely reap its own reward.

Unfortunately I’ve got some of my older WIP images for an important project of mine that I really do not want to lose.

You deleted all local copies of important files? Future reference, that’s not what you do with things that you really do not want to lose.

This just goes to show that even the blender community has jerks and a-holes in it. When blenderprojects.com held its own file storage it was attacked and in turn the web host deleted the whole site as a precaution of the attacks spreading to their server. It was a warning also for us. We lost a few months of data since I did not backup but every other month then. People think they are being cool when they do things like this. All it does it hurt our community. My best wishes to him and I hope it all turns out well. I too have files stored at the site.

Perhaps “chris at polorix” could work?

Anyway, this goes to show how you should never trust an online data storage service with your files or backups. Even if the owner has the best intentions, others might not.

never trust the interweb.
it’s evil.

.b

Have you tried doing a whois on the domain?

This just goes to show that even the blender community has jerks and a-holes in it.

It could of course have been the work of outside agents. I kind of doubt that this was done by somebody likely to actually want to use Polorix. Mostly hackers just get into whatever is vulnerable enough to get into.

If you need contact information simply enter this at the command line and hit return…
whois POLORIX.NET

I dont think Blender users abused polorix, it was someone else, by far polorix was the best webhost, i only used imageshack out of habit because i had built up a portfolio.

Anyone know a filesharing site that will allow you to post a video that wont be resized or converted into something else?

Domain name: POLORIX.NET

5_on_it, I know that this is publicly available information. But personally, if I were the domain name owner who had put a lot of effort into serving the community by providing this service, I would prefer that people either look that up themselves, or let me identify myself as I saw fit. Spreading this kind of information is very disrespectful, in my opinion. If you’re trying to expose wrongdoing, that’s great, but given that polorix is somebody who was doing us all a big favor, I really don’t see what your point is putting his details out there, except to impress people with your sleuthing skills. I suggest you delete that.

I’m not trying to impress anyone with anything. I’m simply putting up what the info you get back when you enter whois at the command line. So why this would be seen as disrespectful? I’m not accussing anyone of anything. I simply putting contact info up so if anyone needs to email they guy then can. If the moderators wish to take my post down, that’s up to them.

The street address may have been a bit much, so I edited that out.

eerm… because some spam-bots might be able to scan hes mail address from there…? :stuck_out_tongue:

I simply putting contact info up so if anyone needs to email they guy then can.

A lot of people don’t write their full email out even on their own website (I don’t) to avoid spam-bots. Posting people’s personal information without permission on public forums is bad form and disrespectful, full stop.

And for what its worth, if someone lost a file because they were too careless to keep a copy, then that’s not worth emailing him about anyway, IMO.

Seems a bit ridiculous to me, but I don’t really feel like getting into an argument about it…
there – edited.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know it’s back up, exactly one month from it’s hiatus. Everything is working perfectly, unload all your new stuff! And remember, totally free, no ads, no bullshit.

• Polorix