I followed these steps towards texture painting but get weird results. Blender Cycles.
- Made an object (cave).
- Added a basic material to it.
- Put an image in the uv editor. (Smooth rock texture…seamless of coarse).
- Unwrapped the object.
- Placed image in node editor and made sure it was selected. I didn’t connect it to the node tree though.
- Put rock image with the paint brush in the texture paint options.
- Try to paint but nothing happens.
- Paint some more and find that faces far from where I have the brush are being painted.
Was it the way it was unwrapped? I switched between regular unwrapping and smart unwrapping to see if that would make a difference but it didn’t. I’m trying to paint the rock texture directly in the 3D View as I was told this was the best way, given the object. Using texture coordinates (Object, generated, etc) don’t give the desired results. Here’s an image. What am I missing?